This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Aircraft Sound from close Airborne planes unrealis
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft Sound from close Airborne planes unrealis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewbetterton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft Sound from close Airborne planes unrealis
    Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 11:54pm
When parked at the gate or moving around on the ground traffic 360 generated planes that are close produce engine sound effects which are reasonable.

However it also adds sounds when flying that are very unrealistic. For example flying at FL380 passing another plane at 10,000ft below, traffic 360 generates sound effect as if the pass was at ground level.

Has anyone seen this and if so is it possible to turn off all traffic 360 sound effects when airborne?

Andy
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:08am
I have Traffic X (not Traffic 360) ...

Whilst I do know that Traffic 360 uses the same AI models as Traffic X, I don't know if the sound files and the associated parameters which are used to produce the (3D) sounds are the same, or whether they were modified/enhanced for Traffic 360. That said, with Traffic X, I have never experienced the phenomena that you describe.

When/where do you hear this? Do you hear it when you viewing the aircraft via an external view? Or, do you hear it from within your virtual cockpit? The answers to these questions may help somebody else provide an answer here for you ...

By the way, it is not possible with Traffic X to turn off the Traffic X sound effects when airborne ... and I dare say the same holds true for Traffic 360.

andrewbetterton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewbetterton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 6:42pm
Thanks for your comments Freddy 

Always when in cockpit. never view externally. I use a physical cockpit with simavionics and flightdeck solutions hardware so just have traffic 360 to put a few more planes at gates etc.

The main software is P3D on the primary computer and all works well with traffic 360 excepting these crazy sound effects when flying near another plane.

My fall back is to kill all sound from traffic 360 if that is possible?

Andy
Andy
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 5:47am
I can only speak for Traffic X, as I do not have Traffic 360. There is no option or setting in Traffic X that allows the user to disable or "turn off" the sounds of the AI planes.

However, that said, if I wanted to do that I would probably try RENAMING (or moving) the sound folders ...

For Traffic X the sounds are found in various folders here: "C:\...\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX\JFAI-AllAircraft"

I would imagine that Traffic 360 may have something similar.

If you RENAME (or move) the relevant folders, then I would GUESS the sounds won't play. I have no idea if doing this would have any "adverse affect", so I would recommend, of course, that you keep BACKUPS or take steps to ensure you can go back to how it was before you made any changes.

I hope this helps ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic