This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PA28 Arrow ADF and shaking VC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PA28 Arrow ADF and shaking VC
    Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:38pm
Post SP1 am having problems with the ADF gauge. The pointer responds correctly but the 'compass card' rotates with the aircraft making setting an intercept heading as normal impossible. Didn't do this with the original release.

The shaking effect with the engine running around idle on the ground is still there after engine shutdown (but not always!), or with 'cold and dark' selected from the add-on menu after loading. Its peculiar as I have managed to get a still VC on a couple of occasions, but not on others! The shaking after selecting 'cold and dark' is always there though. Again, I can't remember it doing this pre-SP1.

This in P3D with ASN. Liking it though, very much.

Nick
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 8:55pm
I'm getting the same with the shaking after shutdown, it seems to be random when it happens though.

Anthony
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:07pm
Check your weather, daft as it may seem! I did see shaking briefly with everything shut down but it disappeared every time I selected 'clear all weather'. I think it may be the lower stability levels associated with real-level coefficients allowing the aircraft to be affected by winds even when on the ground. Something to be checked further.

Cheers,
Paul.
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:21pm
Yes I did have it with bad weather, I suppose that is why it's random depending on how bad the weather is.
Nothing to worry about then 👍

Anthony
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:32pm
Added realism! I suppose we're all used to FS aircraft being rock-steady on the ground no matter what, and yet in real life smaller aircraft do rock in the wind.
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:24pm
Totally agree 😄

After having this one, hope the next one whatever it is won't be long....

Anthony
teeboy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:49am
Well I can live with the shaking - there's obviously more going on in the environment and flight dynamics than you think! Might be a bit overdone though - only 12 knot wind!

The ADF is an inconvenience, especially if you fly a lot in Aus. Hoping that gets fixed pretty soon.

Nick
If only I was smart...
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:56am
Hi Nick,

I'm looking into the ADF card issue now. Should have a solution shortly.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by teeboy teeboy wrote:

Might be a bit overdone though - only 12 knot wind!

I've seen winds of less strength lift a glider wing that wasn't weighed down with a tyre!

It's not designed in, rather a 'happy side-effect' of using relatively accurate stability and coefficient of motion levels for the flight model. While they work well in flight, the basic weather engines are not precise enough for us to expect perfect behaviour outside the flight envelope at the extremes - even within the flight model it is often difficult to get more than a 'best fit' as, for example, a large number of variables are measured in 0.2M graduations. That's fine for a fast jet or an airliner, but when an aircraft spends its entire time in the first two points on that graph (as here) and the majority of that time in the first point, it leads to some quite blunt settings that can only get you in the ballpark for realism. I wish FS were more flexible but we work with what we were given many years ago now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic