This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Query re phantom prop levers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regen70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Query re phantom prop levers
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 1:42pm
I have a CH throttle quadrant with levers mapped to Throttle and Props.
In the F27 the throttle levers work as expected and the prop levers have no visible effect on any of the controls. The HPC controls are moved by dragging with the mouse.
The prop levers do, however, seem to have some effect on engine performance as reflected in movements of the PSI gauge needles.  Indeed, I have to move them forward to obtain sufficient power for take off.

So I'm wondering whether this is a bug and what the levers are controlling.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:23am
This is a common issue with many aircraft. Often there is code inside the implementation of the aircraft that either initially sets the internal prop (or mixture) value to a certain value and expects it to stay constant, or calculates values for prop or mixture depending on other inputs, here probably the HPC levers.

The solution (or workaround) is to not touch the levers that are only used internally, or to use different controller profiles, either by having different copies of e.g. C:/Users/whoever/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls/Standard.XML or by using aircraft profiles in FSUIPC.

When trying different aircraft I have often accidentally shut them down by using the mixture lever. In these situations I have to use Ctrl-E to autostart the engine again, because I have no other way (except reloading the aircraft) to set this value again.
regen70 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regen70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 9:43am
Thank you for your helpful reply and suggestions.

While researching this issue further after posting my query, I came across another thread where this issue was raised and discussed in detail.
http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=25988&title=fokker-f27-prop-mixture

In this instance, leaving the Prop levers forward all the time might be the simplest solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic