This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Glitch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Glitch
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 12:13pm
I seem to be getting gradual slight bank to the left, wondering if I'm doing it correct, I tried all the realism setting back and disconnected the joystick, fuel tanks have same rough level in each, no winds but still the same. 

To stop this I have to trim the rudder to +7, is there an aileron trim ? as I can't see one. Is this the normal way of doing things as it cant be the joystick being that it is not connected. Is this the normal way of flying having to put a bit of right stick on, suppose it's me really.

Everything else great after the service pack.

Anthony 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 1:02pm
There is still a small movement to the left - it appears that it's the engine torque, can be neutralised by either one click of aileron trim or setting torque realism lower. I have set it to be virtually not there at all in the fde but it still has an effect - possibly a by-product of the lower stability levels needed to work with real-level coefficients.

Cheers,
Paul.
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

There is still a small movement to the left - it appears that it's the engine torque, can be neutralised by either one click of aileron trim or setting torque realism lower. I have set it to be virtually not there at all in the fde but it still has an effect - possibly a by-product of the lower stability levels needed to work with real-level coefficients.

Cheers,
Paul.

You say one click of the aileron trim, I cant see that on the panel though. I understand what you say about the realism torque setting.

Is there a aileron control on the panel ?, can only see the rudder control.

Thanks
Anthony
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:12pm
I've got a button set to it on my controller - I don't believe the Arrow actually has aileron trim but I haven't disabled it in the fde for this very reason!
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:28pm

I've got a button set to it on my controller - I don't believe the Arrow actually has aileron trim but I haven't disabled it in the fde for this very reason!

Forgive me for being a bit thick. You say you have a button set for it, understand that.
But where do you set the command ref to the button, from the controller menu or the aircraft.cfg ?

Anthony
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:33pm
Just in your controller menu, nothing complex Anthony. As my setup stands, I use the hat switch fore and aft for pitch trim, laterally for aileron trim.

Hope that helps,
Paul.
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 4:07pm
Thanks Paul.

I had forgotten it was there all along, and I had the pitch setup ok through the controllers. LOL

Thanks for the patience

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:48pm

Just in your controller menu, nothing complex Anthony. As my setup stands, I use the hat switch fore and aft for pitch trim, laterally for aileron trim.

Hope that helps,
Paul.

As I said above the Archer works fine doing what you say.
I am getting the same problem with the TB10/20slight bank to left, tried it on this but does not seem to trim. Is the aileron trim enabled in it as I have tried using the assigned keys and nothing happens using that.

Anthony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic