This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frustration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zazaboeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frustration
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 7:27am
I can't lie, there are good points in it, it's beautiful, the texturing is great, also the support given by Martyn is very active, and gives us some hope, but other than that, I am very frustrated by my Arrow purchase.

There are so many fix yet to be made (yes, I'm using the sp1), that it makes the plane looks like a toy, a "lite" model. I've flown this bird in RL, and had good expectations on this. Maybe, I was expecting too much.

* FDE needs a complete refinement in pitch, the trim is freaking slow,pitch reaction to flaps, etc etc etc
* Lighting of the Warning lights are operating in opposite when panel lighting is on. They turn off when system is annunciating the malfunction, and vice versa.
* Garmin 100 is a joke, I hoped to get at least a lite version of the RW counterpart unit, but it basically replicates the DEFAULT fs gps.
* The ADF function as a RMI,and that's wrong, the compass card should remain stationary while in turns and only rotates when one rotates the heading bug. 
* The Comm2 is showing Comm1 when using GTN750 as the actual Radio number1.
* Sound is the weakest point of it, a high pitch sound when applying full power, so unreal! When you reduce the MP after takeoff, as well as RPM, it doesn't change until you're way reduced. Switches and systems sounds are good however.
* Engine (propeller governor) cannot maintain RPM even with high MAP. It doesn't look like a constant speed propeller.

Well, that's what I recall for now. 

I hope you guys can give it a full polishing. Until then, it's grounded.

Regards,

Rafael Carelli

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:21am
Thanks for your feedback, Rafael. No need for frustration, all of the genuine issues reported last week were resolved in the SP1 apart from the sounds which are WIP (TSS are looking at the feedback now). Did you send your feedback to our support team as I don't remember seeing it before today?

I'll look at the items on your list, although some things like the 'joke of a GPS 100' are unlikely to change at this stage (a custom GPS is a product in its own right like the Flight1 GNS), and instruments such as the ADF were thoroughly tested by real world pilots so I'll need to check that. 

Quote The Comm2 is showing Comm1 when using GTN750 as the actual Radio number1

With the GTN 750 enabled, the second COM unit should be the KX 175B - that is COM2/NAV2. You should be able to tune the GTN 750 and KX 175B to different frequencies to confirm that. Like the real aircraft, the label on the KX 175B says COMM 1 with a chalk(?) marking correcting that to say COMM 2 - that might not be clear from a distance though, but is explained in the manual.

Quote FDE needs a complete refinement in pitch, the trim is freaking slow,pitch reaction to flaps, etc etc etc

The FDE was tested by real world Arrow pilots and the issues raised by chaps on AVSIM etc were fixed with their direct involvement. If you still think there are issues then please submit a support ticket and we can get our FDE developer to work through those with you.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 4:02pm
Hi Raphael,

As Martyn mentioned, we have had input from several Arrow pilots. Pitch in particular was one area that was looked at quite thoroughly for the SP, so I'll try and break down your comments and address them individually:

"the trim is freaking slow"
No, that's Microsoft's implimentation of trim via buttons. It has two speeds - slow initially then faster. The idea is that it can bve used for fine adjustment when you just touch it a couple of times but if you hold it for longer it realises you want to make a bigger adjustment so goes to the fast setting. You get approximately 4 seconds at slow before it speeds up. Again, that is the sim itself and not the Arrow. Now, to avoid that. you have two options - set trim as an axis if you have one, or hold the mouse pointer over the VC trim wheel and use the mouse wheel to scroll. Neither of those have a 'slow' setting.

"pitch reaction to flaps"
Care to elaborate? Do you think it's too much, to little, the wrong direction? The original files had it set too much, one of our testers in particular mentioned that very early on. He said that it should be 'barely noticeable'. The aircraft manual describes it as "The airplane will experience a pitch change during flap extension or retraction. This pitch change can be corrected by either stabilator trim or increased controlwheel force." I think that that effect has been achieved, the testers were happy with it.

"etc etc etc"
I have no idea.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you want to go into detail, I'm always happy to work further on a product if it will improve it.

Cheers,
Paul.
zazaboeing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zazaboeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:29pm
Contacting you via PM, thank you.
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

Hi Raphael,

As Martyn mentioned, we have had input from several Arrow pilots. Pitch in particular was one area that was looked at quite thoroughly for the SP, so I'll try and break down your comments and address them individually:

"the trim is freaking slow"
No, that's Microsoft's implimentation of trim via buttons. It has two speeds - slow initially then faster. The idea is that it can bve used for fine adjustment when you just touch it a couple of times but if you hold it for longer it realises you want to make a bigger adjustment so goes to the fast setting. You get approximately 4 seconds at slow before it speeds up. Again, that is the sim itself and not the Arrow. Now, to avoid that. you have two options - set trim as an axis if you have one, or hold the mouse pointer over the VC trim wheel and use the mouse wheel to scroll. Neither of those have a 'slow' setting.

"pitch reaction to flaps"
Care to elaborate? Do you think it's too much, to little, the wrong direction? The original files had it set too much, one of our testers in particular mentioned that very early on. He said that it should be 'barely noticeable'. The aircraft manual describes it as "The airplane will experience a pitch change during flap extension or retraction. This pitch change can be corrected by either stabilator trim or increased controlwheel force." I think that that effect has been achieved, the testers were happy with it.

"etc etc etc"
I have no idea.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you want to go into detail, I'm always happy to work further on a product if it will improve it.

Cheers,
Paul.

Im grounded for the next few months while my wife gives birth to our second and gets settled and lets me have the keys to the cockpit again :p , but feedback like this is why I'll be picking up the arrow in good time - all feedback seems to get taken very seriously, and improvements made :) Good work guys, keep it up! Cheers K
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 1:04pm
I see the slow trim in some other aircraft as well. Assigning trim to an axis has the problem that it will be wrong after using the autopilot, so I even assign my axis as kind-of button presses.
My solution was to write a trim script for FSUIPC in lua, there I can adjust it to do different things for different aircraft with the speeds I want.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 10:12am
Quote The ADF function as a RMI,and that's wrong, the compass card should remain stationary while in turns and only rotates when one rotates the heading bug.

This has now been fixed.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic