This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mosquito FB Mk VI Service Pack 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mosquito FB Mk VI Service Pack 1
    Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 7:04pm
I saw with some excitement the long-awaited service pack for the Mosquito FB MkVI.

That unfortunately turned to disappointment when I saw that the boost gauge still hasn't been fixed. The pointer shows +10PSI too high, making it impossible to fly using realistic engine power settings.  I reported this issue through the ticket system shortly after release.

Having hangared the aircraft for a long time waiting for an SP, to find that this rather obvious and reported error hasn't been fixed when that SP finally comes along is disappointing to say the least.
Bradburger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 1:47am
CD

When did you download the SP?

I ask because initially, the original installer was still up on the DL link.

However this was brought to JFs attention and quickly corrected.

I haven't installed SP1 yet, but had to re-download the new installer.

The SP1 installer should be named Install_Mosquito_101.exe with a file size of 175,944 KB.

The original installer was 163,222 KB.

Cheers

Paul 

CavalierDuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:00am
Paul,

Thanks for posting; I did however check that I had the new installer and it is the new Install_Mosquito_101.exe.

Nick
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:11am
Hi Nick,

Apologies about this. I can't see it on the list of fixed issues so I've referred this to the developer.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:28pm
Thanks Martyn, would be very much appreciated.
Bradburger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 9:20pm
CD

Just took the new SP1 for a quick flight, and indeed can confirm that the boost gauges still over read.

I was hoping that the tailwheel leg would have been fixed in this release (it's too long), along with the forward sliding windows need correcting, which I both explained in this thread, which also has the other squawks mentioned: -

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=30683&PN=2&title=this-new-mosquito

Cheers

Paul

WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:26pm
According to the support page on SP1, "Navigation lights effects adjusted." Martyn, can you elaborate as to what was adjusted?

I do like the new sounds. The Mossie still is one of my favs.

--WH
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:27pm
If I may throw in my 2p worth, flew the SP1 last night, sound is dreadful, sounds like a chainsaw, not even close to a Merlin, try it on Fly By or Spot View and tell me if you agree chaps ?

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
thunderstreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thunderstreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 5:58pm
I agree, I have SP1 and the sound is awful.
I have for the time being replaced it with Gary Jones freeware sound which can be found on Avsim.
Looking forward to the boost gauges reading correctly as well.
Cheers!

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 7:34am
Dear Martyn and Just Flight,

Is there any update on the boost gauge problem? There hasn't been any fix that I am aware of.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:48am
Hi Nick,

Apologies for the delay. This should now be addressed so please download the latest version of the installer from your account.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:32pm
Is there any way that I can reduce the intensity of the amber recognition light on the underside of the aeroplane?  The red and green are fine but the amber is just a bit too bright when doing an outside view, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic