This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Same UI variation for multiple a/c. CFG update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Same UI variation for multiple a/c. CFG update
    Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 12:17pm
Hello

I have a problem when trying to use the TCC and aircraft have the same UI variation. For example 3 repaints of BA A319 will have UI var British Airways. Subsequently in the aircraft list I see:

A319 British Airways
A319 British Airways
A319 British Airways.

I know for example I want to use the middle one. I know it's the middle one because in Fleet database paint section in can see that is the paint I want to use but when creating FPLS it uses the top one always. This is no good in some instances of upgraded models (e.g the A380 where the old basic model and the T360 model are both given the same UI variation.)

I have been into the aircraft.CFG files to separate all affected aircraft but TCC never picks up on this. I've tried to update from CFG but this never works.

Any ideas this is really frustrating?
Regards,
George Graham
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 4:05pm
George,
note that I am writing as a Traffic X user but have the Traffic 360 files also.

On the TCC 'FlightPlan' edit page, when you are selecting a specific 'Aircraft', they are shown using a name made up from the following data from the 'aircraft.cfg' file - "ui_manufacturer" "ui_type" "ui_variation". So, if in the 'aircraft.cfg' file, the 3 British Airways aircraft all have the same value in the "ui_variation" line (which I can see from my T360 A319 files), then you will see what you are reporting
i.e. A319 British Airways.
From what you report, I will have to assume that, unlike what I said above, the "ui_manufacturer" value is not displayed.

The way to overcome this is to edit the 'aircraft.cfg' file so that each BA version has a unique "ui_variation" value - say, add a different number after each of the different entries and re-save the 'aircraft.cfg' file.
You should now go back into the TCC and go into the Fleet Database and use the "Update from CFG" button so that the TCC reads the updated information. Exit the TCC. Re-open the TCC and check that, in the Paint Scheme data, the values have been changed.

Now, I think that you say that you have in fact done all this but it is still not working - is this correct?

I have to say that, in Traffic X, the described final procedure (Update from CFG) does not always work so I often need to change the TCC database file manually. In the T360 installation you should find a file "aircraft.tcc" which is the file that should be updated by this command but does not always work. It is possible to edit this in Notepad (or similar) but ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP COPY BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
thegeg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
Thanks for your reply Ray. You are correct I have edited the .cfg files and still find the error.
I was not aware you could manually update so I will try that. I've reinstalled the entire programme for now and edited the aircraft I needed to before opening up TCC for the first time. A real pain.

Hopefully this will work. Thanks again.
Regards,
George Graham
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 12:23am
1)  Ray is correct that in Traffic X, the described final procedure (Update from CFG) does not always work.  I have found myself sometimes needing to run it more than once, to finally see my changes "saved".

2)  I would have suggested everything that Ray has suggested.  Manually editing the files is fine to do, and does make things a little easier sometimes than trying to use the GUI.  In fact, depending on what needs to be done, I often actually prefer to manually edit my files, as opposed to doing the work within the GUI.

3)  Make sure your Traffic X and/or Traffic 360 folders are not set as READ ONLY.

4)  And, finally, ALWAYS remember to run the TCC using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic