This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mixture lever range

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adriano72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mixture lever range
    Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 9:37am
Hi!

I bought this plane yesterday and there's something special about it.

Anyway I think there are some youth flaws that deserve the developers attention

1) Mixture lever: I'm using the CH Eclipse Yoke and even after many tests with FSPUIC and with default calibration P3D panel, it never manage to reach the "Lean cut off" level.

It simply travels from 100% mixture to something about 40%

Furthermore if I move the lever quickly the system doesn't catch it in time resulting in the lever moving just slightly

2) The engine sound is something special... BUT it doesn't change between full and 15% suction. This ruin the whole experience cause there's a total lack of audio feedback when changing manifold pressure.

3) In the add on menu, all the Toggle menu items have no feedback about which of the two toggle statuses are activated or not. A check icon on the left of each of these toggle menu lines would be appreciated to understand if the relevant option has been toggled ON or OFF

4) The airspeed indicator shows erratic behavior, mainly during takeoff: it doesn't move until the point in which the needle switch from zero to 50/60Kts. Should be more progressive. Haven't realized if it's only the needle behaving this way or the plane as well

5) There are some glitches in the flight model evident during takeoff. The plane doesn't lift of at 65Kts and when it finally does (at 80 or so) it literally hurls herself like a rocket, at the point that immediate pitch down action is necessary on the yoke to prevent a catastrophic stall.

6) I've found it rather difficult to taxi, rudder action even combined with differential brake is not enough to make steep turns. It could be the real thing has the same behavior though.

7) Nastiest of all flaws: the airplane has a tendency to bank to the right, I've checked that my controls were correctly calibrated before reporting it.

8) Flight1 GTN 750 integration. It would be great to have separate popup versions of these. I mean, just the 750 OR the 650. At the present moment popping them up opens both the containers and in the case where one has one only, the inactive other also shows up

This said I think this plane is fantastic and I'm sure the oncoming updates will bring it to excellence level!

Great job

Cheers

Adriano

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 10:56am
Hi Adriano,

Thanks! Glad that you are enjoying it.

1. Have you read this FAQ? It sounds like the mixture lock is on: http://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/bc5bab9
2. We will be speaking to TSS regarding feedback on the sounds
4. I can't reproduce this. It moves smoothly between the 0 and 60 knot positions. Does this happen in zero wind conditions? The instrument is using a standard flight simulator variable.
5. The FDE developer is currently working on some improvements with regards to pitch.
6. This is another one that I can't reproduce. I can turn very tightly with just rudder/steering inputs. Anyone else getting this?
7. In P3Dv3 with max realism settings I get no banking. Is there a fuel imbalance when this occurs, or does it happen even with full fuel?
8. I believe that you should be able to use Flight1's own tool/utility to control that

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Adriano72 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adriano72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 11:07am
Dear Martyn,

thank you for your quick reply

I didn't know about the mixture lock, glad to be able to fix it now!

I'll make more test about the airspeed indicator and let you know, same thing about banking: I'll check fuel level in left/right tanks.

I'll also double check steering calibration and try again.

I hope TSS will provide a fix, this airplane sound is the best I ever heard and that is the only glitch.

Thanks, JF customer support just rocks!

Ciao
Adriano

Adriano72 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adriano72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 3:48pm
Dear Martyn,

another thing I forgot to mention is the parking brake inability to keep the plane full stop when full (or even less then full) power is applied. I discovered it following the tutorial flight.

Is it something wrong on my side (some setting etc) or is something you are already aware of?

Thank you again
Ciao
Adriano
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 11:31am
The braking power will be increased in the upcoming service pack.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Adriano72 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adriano72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 2:07pm
Thank you Martyn!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic