This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to start
    Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:18pm
Hi all,
I'm unable to start with or without cold&dark.
In the FSX file menu you find the "reset" function and for several second the engine is active but
after a few seconds the engine shutdown. Power levers etc. are in the right postion and a crash is the result.
Any idea?
Regards Jovabra
Real View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 4:11pm
Fuel tank selector on?
Real
Jovabra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 7:15pm
Fuel tank selector on? Yes this is my firts action to check

New installation and everything is oke.

olderndirt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olderndirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 9:17pm
Mine has being doing that intermittently.  Thought it was fixed but it still happens.  Hitting 'escape', ending flight then 'fly now' again seems to bring it back up running and it stays running.  In the addons menu along the top there is a function 'ready for takeoff' - it makes all the required settings including handbrake, flaps and engine should be running.  I get all but the engine running.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 8:08am
If you have problems starting the engine then please make sure to contact our support team so we can run through some checks with you - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Jovabra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 8:18am
I used the function " ready for takeoff" bur no joy.
At this moment i did a new installation and everything works fine (at this moment)
Regards
Jovabra
Jovabra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 8:19am
Thanks for info.
Grtz
olderndirt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olderndirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 7:02pm
Hope it stays good for you.  I tried uninstall/new download/reinstall and it did work - momentarily.  What it's doing is opening then shutting down - switches off the batt/alternator/fuel pump, mixture, lowers the gear (weird) and last but not least moves the fuel selector from OFF to left tank.  I'm in conversation with SUPPORT.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 8:44am
An update will be available shortly which will hopefully resolve the engine start issue encountered by some people.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Jovabra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 12:42pm
For more information see
http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/505251-justflight-pa-28r-arrow-released/?page=6
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 12:47pm

Here is the current list of what will be included in the upcoming service pack:

• Improvements to FDE
  • Flight1 GNS integration added
  • Interactive engine start checklist added
  • FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
  • Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to PA-28 menu
  • “GPS changed. Updating HSI source…” message keeps appearing – fixed
  • Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
  • Changes to engine start logic
  • Changes to fuel selector logic
  • Flaps not moving with electrical power off – fixed
  • Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled

None of the issues that have been reported will be ignored but other fixes/changes might take a bit more time.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Jovabra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 12:50pm
👍
Regards Jovabra
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm
I have just got the same problems, tried everything to start it.
Anyway see that there is a patch on the way, so that's ok.

Will just have to wait until it's available to fly it Smile

Anthony
piperpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:20am
I have problems starting even after SP1
starting either cold and dark or ready to fly
When I start FSX and select my Arrow things go a bit haywire
retract lever goes from up to down then back to up
I then have to change this manually also I have to fill with oil and fuel and recharge the battries every time I
fly
I have tried saving the a/c in cold and dark and ready to fly but thing don't stay as I left them when I go to
start up my sim it dose its own thing and things go haywire again
I have set all things in the addons menu but still no go
Help anyone

John
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:55am
Hi John,

If you haven't already done so, please submit a support ticket so we can run through some troubleshooting steps with you.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by piperpilot piperpilot wrote:

I have problems starting even after SP1
starting either cold and dark or ready to fly
When I start FSX and select my Arrow things go a bit haywire
retract lever goes from up to down then back to up
I then have to change this manually also I have to fill with oil and fuel and recharge the battries every time I
fly
I have tried saving the a/c in cold and dark and ready to fly but thing don't stay as I left them when I go to
start up my sim it dose its own thing and things go haywire again
I have set all things in the addons menu but still no go
Help anyone

John

When I start fs, I load up the default flight that is shown on the main menu, hang glider thing. When its loaded I load the saved Archer flight from the drop down menu, and everything is where I left it without problems. Loading a flight from the main menu has got problems with te Arrow and TB10/20 for some reason.

Try doing it that way, works fine for me here no problems.

Anthony
Jovabra View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jovabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 11:10am
Hi all,
At this moment my Piper sim working as espected.
Only one thing; The trimwheel action works very very slow. Pls adjust this in the next update
Jovabra
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
Thanks to the hard working team at JF my Arrow is now working 100%
This is a great aircraft thanks guys

John
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by piperpilot piperpilot wrote:

Thanks to the hard working team at JF my Arrow is now working 100%
This is a great aircraft thanks guys

John

So waht was the result and fix then...

Anthony
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 12:08am
There was a file missing don't know were it went to
in the panel section the JF_Pa28r.cfg went for a walk
I re downloaded it and all is fine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic