This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Couple of things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple of things
    Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 10:55am
When I save a position within fsx-se, it loads up fine as it was. One thing that seems odd is that the message along the top "GPS changed updating HSI Source" stays there until I turn on then off the battery, even if I have not charged the GPS. I'm using the GTN's.

I am finding that the aircraft gradually banks to the left, fuel tanks are showing the same amount in each tank, rudder trim has not moved. If heading hold is on with autopilot it levels out without doing it, which is normal.
I must be doing something wrong here, joysticks are calibrated ok and this does not happen with anything else.

Any suggestions to try.

Anthony 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:33pm
I think that the banking is the old FS problem of over-sensitivity to weight - using real figures for coefficients and damping appears to exacerbate the problem so I'm looking at rebuilding the weight and balance section with the payload items set more centrally rather than in their exact positions. Meantime, try adding a passenger in the front seat (170lb) and see if that fixes it for you.

Cheers,
Paul.
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:59pm
Tried that, no difference.
Now the damn thing is going to the right, disconnced joystick to make sure it wasn't that, again no difference

Bit of a pain as the rest of it is so good

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:03pm
Pitch trim is way to sensitive which is another thing, one tap of the button/key and its to fast to respond.

Will put it away until these things are fixed I think....

Anthony
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 4:42pm
Regarding the GTN and message, please make sure that you have the latest version of the GTN (v1.20) and the Garmin trainer software installed.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Regarding the GTN and message, please make sure that you have the latest version of the GTN (v1.20) and the Garmin trainer software installed.

Yes have both latest versions.

Anthony
Paulbaz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 8:46am
I too am unhappy with the flight dynamics. Take off takes too long, then the aircraft tends to lurch into the sky. It is generally jittery in flight and has a tendency to bank to the left.
My controllers are calibrated and currently work fine with other similar aircraft from Flight 1, Aerosoft and A2A. As a result, I have stopped using it.

Otherwise I do like the plane!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic