This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Power/electric failure after start.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olderndirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power/electric failure after start.
    Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 7:27pm
Purchased the Arrow last night and it was ready to fly and flew.  This morning it again opened ready to fly but only for a few seconds - loses engine and battery followed by a beeping sound.  "ready to fly" selected in the 'addons menu' and it does open again ready to fly if you reload the flight but quits as before.  I've tried clicking the battery recharge and that does get the starter going but only for a few tries - engine fires then dies.  Something I'm missing?  In real life it would appear to be fuel starvation but the pump's on and shows a bit of flow prior to start, tank's selected and mixture lean.  One thing - after my flight last night I exited FSX by simply hitting 'escape' then X'ng out of the flight load page. 
scottsware View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottsware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 9:57pm
I had a similar issue. I didn't think to check the addons menu. I used fsuipc and made it so the battery couldn't get discharged.  The beeping issue is in another post in this forum. 
olderndirt View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olderndirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:14pm
My problem seems to be keeping it running after start.  Clicking the 'battery recharge' feature gets me several starts but the engine quits right away - just like pulling the mixture to 'idle cut off' or fuel starvation but I 'refilled' the tanks, tank selector on the left, pump on and moving to rich as it fires.

Update - another flight.  Made sure FSUIPC came up in the addons so I was running when FSX opened. Stayed running Tongue - constant beeping after gear retraction but cured that by cycling the gear a couple of times and we seem to be good for now.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 9:06am
If it continues to happen can you contact our support team so we can look into this?

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ajahrens View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajahrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 1:37am
I have a similar problem.

The simulation opens with the aircraft running. I hear a number of clicks and the prop stops and all electricals turn off.

Add-ons > Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III shows:
Panel State
    *Cold and Dark
    *Ready for Takeoff

I cannot toggle either choice.

Other selections in this menu are selectable.

Thanks

Arthur Ahrens
starman3243 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starman3243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:07am
Like a lot of people I too was experiencing power shutdown just after starting FSX:SE with Piper Arrow III but then I found if Engine Management is toggled off problem is solved.
As above, so below
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic