This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circuits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevePH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circuits
    Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:16am
I've never managed to get a plane to do circuits.

I have chosen my aircraft (Piper J-3 Cub, gave it a Reg No. and Flight No., chosen VFR and daily, I've put in a valid from and to, selected my airport to/from, unyet it doesn't show, any Ideas?

Thanks

Steve
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:36am
Steve,

I am going to assume that you have been successfully scheduling normal flights from A to B, B to A, etc. and compiling such that you get to 'see' the new aircraft performing on 'schedule'.

So, you select your departure and destination airports (can be the same or different), you set the departure time (1000 plus ENTER for 10:00) and you set the 'Circuits until' (say 1030 plus ENTER for 10:30) and say OK to enter the first schedule. Now you MUST set AT LEAST one more schedule line as every completed schedule MUST have at least 2 lines of scheduled times. So, just as, if you do an A to B, then you must do an B to A. The same must be done even if B=A, so to speak.

The other thing to do is to set your FSX VFR traffic settings to 100% temporarily in order to guarantee 'seeing' your new aircraft schedule because the compiler might have put a 99% value against this schedule with its built-in programming.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
StevePH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevePH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:57am
Hello again Ray!

I should have thought about putting an extra line in, but it just didn't make sense, like most of the things with T360.

Yet again I thank you, what would we users do without you!

Steve
StevePH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevePH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 2:59pm
As per normal.ypi were right, second line did the trick!

Thanks Ray

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 5:19pm
Steve,

there is so much to remember in this hobby/pastime!

Sounds like you are now up to speed with TNG flights.
StevePH View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevePH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 10:55am
Hi Ray,

There certainly is a lot to learn and remember!

I'm in the process of making up schedules for my fictional airport, and just like real life, I have delays, and occasional diverts. I run SuperTrafficBoard (STB), which is similar to the depart/landing boards you see at airports, but you can add/see extra information about what is happening in FSX.

I've planned time slots so well, that there are times of nothing happening, either caused by my timings or FSX having to go through its start up/pre-flight etc. so fine tuning is called for.

Its amazing how wrapped up you get in all this, and the amount of tweaking one does. I'll be watching the flights coming or going, and notice that my airport will need a bit more detail in a certain area, or one of my repaints needs touching up, all this on top of scheduling the timings!

Steve
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 5:19pm
Steve,
if our colleague Freddy reads your post he will recognise your situation - not too much virtual flying, more tweaking of airports, schedules and doing repaints. You have definitely "joined the club".

3 weeks ago, I downloaded Jim Viles (now sadly departed, I believe) version of Singapore airport [WSSS]. Since then, for a few hours most days, I have been tweaking this to suit my AI (parking codes, etc) and researching which airlines use WSSS and where they fly to, along with sorting out the other airfields on Singapore Island. I have now got to the point where I think I have a pretty good amount of traffic using each of the Singapore airfields. But I bet I will find a few extra tweaks in the days to come when I will be 'flying' into WSSS on my virtual round-the-world flying trip - modifying as I go.

Keep up the good work.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 12:52am
Jim Viles departed? I hadn't heard that one. He will be missed ... his research on AI planes and behaviour, airport AFCADs, cross runway workings, and a bunch of other stuff taught me a whole lot of things.

StevePH said, "Its amazing how wrapped up you get in all this, and the amount of tweaking one does".

Amen to that! And it's not just tweaking AI schedules; it's AFCAD editing, livery repaints, etc. You think to yourself, I'll just get this done, and then I'll be good to go. Then you read something in a newspaper or see it on the TV news about an airline starting a new long haul route to your local airport, or an airline goes bankrupt and suspends all flights effectively immediately, or that new runway they've been working on at Brisbane International has now been completed, or Qantas has changed the shape of the kangaroo on their livery to be more modern looking ... or ...

It never stops.

I've just purchased the PMDG 777-200LR/F and 300ER packages. It's just taken me two-and-a-half weeks to rework a cockpit flow document to the format I like, check it and re-check it to make sure I haven't missed anything, print it and bind it in to a small, easy to use booklet, download and backup the liveries I want, check all the Australian major airport AFCADs to make sure I can park it in the correct parking spots, etc etc etc. Fly it? It's only left the ground twice in that two-and-a-half weeks as part of checking the cockpit flow document! Not to mention it's a long haul aircraft ... so I better have a spare 7+ hours or so handy when I do eventually fly it (note that I have a personal rule never to use time-compression to accelerate time).

Ahh crap ... I've just heard that Tiger Airways are no longer flying from Australia to Bali. OK, let's open those schedules; they'll need some editing ...

But, all of this is just part of the hobby. And it's fun.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic