This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GTN 650/750 Model BROKEN?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMGEDSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GTN 650/750 Model BROKEN?
    Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 6:47pm
Hello team,

I did a fresh installation last night (over the initial release, no uninstall) and went live for our Northern Spain tour, the TB20 is the official plane chosen for this tour and we've sold quite a few copies overnight already. However I'm feeling a little bit bad because there seems to be a pretty severe issue with the GTN model that doesn't seem to exist in the non GTN. 

• Throttle, at about 5% i was soaring thru the skies on a 1500fpm climb at around 180knots. This was not happening for another member not using the GTN model.

• Trim, the plane is virtually untamable. No amount of trim is able to keep it level at speed. Any thoughts on this?

We'd love even a quick fix (replacement file) and would be willing to help provide feedback since we're committed to flying the plane over the next few weeks on stream. Any help appreciated!

TOUR: http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/3385-tour-northern-spain-rumba-samba-mambo/

Edson
Creator, TheSkyLounge.tv
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 7:55pm
There should be no difference between the two - I built one TB20 fde and one TB10 fde, variations between the models should not exist.

I'd suggest swapping the aircraft.cfg and TB20.air files for the non-GTN ones, but copy and paste the aircraft entries from the start of the GTN aircraft.cfg into your new GTN file, deleting the non-GTN entries there.

Cheers,
Paul.
OMGEDSON View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMGEDSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 7:56pm
Hi Paul,

Will do, thank you for the update, in this VOD you can see what I mean regarding speeds and climb-out, the winds were insane that day... 

https://www.twitch.tv/theskylounge/v/115327642
OMGEDSON View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMGEDSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 8:02pm
Departure: 17m

At Cruise with props back to about 2200, throttle to about 5%, speed at 160-180:  2h08m
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 8:10pm
It should never be that fast - I just did a quick rough and ready circuit out of LSGS and used up to about 80% throttle without going over 140 kts.

Let me know how you get on,
Paul.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic