This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing myself with damaged prawns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zkline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing myself with damaged prawns
    Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 1:51am
Hi All,

I just wanted to dash off a quick note to introduce myself. I got into AH and AH2 fairly recently, though have slight preference for AH at the moment if only because I'm not sure of an accessible way to do check flights.

I'm a totally blind flight sim enthusiast, and use a variety of autopilot-style add-ons to fly as true to life as I can. These actually include the ability to do simulated visual/GPS approaches, which is very helpful, since I can't actually see the instruments or the runway lights to handle them myself.

I was flying a load of frozen prawns from KCQX to what FSX identified as Farmington, though I can't remember the airport code at the moment. I always seem to get interrupted mid-way through, and have been hitting the "Stop Flight Monitoring," button en route. That might explain why I always seemed to reload in the air. I did overspeed at one point, and ended up landing on time, though somehow damaging the cargo. The landing surface was listed as "Forest." I'm not honestly sure what happened, but they  didn't pay me my $14K :)

Anyhow, a trip back with the hold empty suggests to me that I still have a lot to learn about this program, but I'm having fun. Thanks for all the enthusiastic support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic