This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Wales Coastal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Wales Coastal
    Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:26pm
I'm new to JT's forum but I've been their customer since 2014, which was exactly 2 years ago i purchased the Voyager and the 153. Since Train Simulator 2014, I've been proposing and asking, pm's. no reply. Couple of months ago, I started building it my own, until i saw it took too much time from my leisure and school life. Holyhead - Blaenau Ffestiniog will be spot on, unless if re-modelling Semaphores will take for ever. Then Llandudno - Crewe would be included as well. As too much people has been asking for Crewe in Train Sim, this would be a perfect opportunity, as well for the Voyager and Class 20 extension for the Virgin 221 services and the Flasks / RHTT included in the Class 20. The Class 67 would be a Light Bulb as the WAG (Welsh Assembly Government) runs between Holyhead / Llandudno - Chester and Crewe to Chester. If Armstrong Powerhouse ever released the sprinters sound pack, everyone would be driving a 150 / 158 from Crewe to Holyhead. 
No one can take my Dreams away...
mcekl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcekl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 6:43pm
Hi,
I too started to build Chester to Holyhead including Conway Valley line, but its been a WIP for the last 3 years. Maybe i should dust down the route and continue with the work if nobody else if doing it? Problem is my lack of skills at building buildings etc.. terrain, track & signal I am happy with but need someone skilled at making buildings to replace the poor looking default assets i have used so far.
jc67 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:11pm
How you're keeping, i wouldn't mind helping you out! if you did use Terrain files such as STRM, i'll be glad to help you out with scenery and spline. But you must keep in mind with some peoples needs, they don't have some / most DLC as you.SmileSmile 
No one can take my Dreams away...
mcekl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcekl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:59am
I am having to rebuild the route as the first attempt i did WITHOUT using DEM and built all the terrain using OS and google maps... it was surprisingly similar to the terrain using DEM, but thought it better to start from scratch. When i get around to relaying the track to the new terrain and amending the track rules to be better suited then I'll start the ball rolling again to hopefully get something usable. I have no idea how to build station models etc so use default assets and platforms etc, so that they can be replaced with proper models from those who are better at that. dont worry i dont use much other than default assets so that anyone helping/using is not forced to buy loads of pretty but initially unnessesary assets. My view is that people using it later can always make their copy more realistic with correct reskins etc if they wish.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic