This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11jovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help
    Posted: 22 Sep 2008 at 2:35pm
traffic 2005 and military traffic pack. i was just wondering i am trying to set my aircraft to do touch and go's with my f-16s at hill afb and like when i set the airport to the same thing they fly away at the altitude i have set them and then the dont come back for like another 2 hours. i know the amount of time it takes them due to it saying duration time when you create the time of flight and aircraft.
does anyone know how i can set them to do touch and go's at all.

please get back to me a.s.a.p

kind regards joe
j.staddon
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 12:25pm
You need to decompile the traffic.bgl into its component three parts;

aircraft data
airports dat
flightplans

Now I don`t know how the military add on is put together, if it has a seperate .bgl file then its that one, if not you add it to the main traffic.bgl  Only by looking can you ascertain which is which.  I would hazard a guess the traffic file for the military add on is in the addons folder, but its only a guess as I don`t have it.

The procedure in this case is to open the flightplans in notepad, find the the aircraft numbers you are concerned with and change them from VFR/IFR to TNG.  the original traffic.bgl had these before SP1, may still have them, I took mine out because they are a pain in the wotsit!  Same with helicopters.  After making the careful changes and saving, you recompile then place the new recompiled file back where it came from.  Then start FSX....

You must take a copy of the original files in case you mess up!  Betcha glad you asked how to do this now.....it aint easy.  Heres a link to explain the principles a bit more and the tools you need;

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1820

Reider
Timbo727 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timbo727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008 at 11:54am
that will look interesting, all the fighter jets in Traffic brake on the runway like they are landing on an Aircraft Carrier!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic