This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Demo question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Demo question
    Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:32pm
Hi, I have downloaded and installed the demo and taken the Hawk on a couple of flights. Its a VERY nice bird.
My question is: what is supposed to happen when the time limit is reached.
*End of flight? * Freeze of game? *Crash to desktop? *Total crash of PC?

My experience with the demo has been mixed so far.
First flight, 20 minuts 2-3000 feet. No problems, nothing happened.
second flight after a restart : 45 minuts, 10 - 12000 feet. No problems, nothing happened.
The next 2 or 3 flights after having restarted PC: 5 - 10 minuts and then a total crash of PC.

I´m interested in buying the Hawk and even more because its on sale now, but I´m a bit worried with these total crash of PC.
Also how long does the sale last?

Thanks in advance
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 2:01pm
Sale is on until the 4th January.

I'm not sure what's causing the crashing in your case with the demo but it's not symptomatic of the main product so I wouldn't worry about that.

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 2:54pm
Plus don't forget the JF refund policy - generally mainly for boxed products only but

"if you have a problem with your software, please contact our support team and if we can’t resolve the matter we will, of course, ensure that you aren’t paying for something that you can’t use."
(taken from the Ts and Cs).

The support team will work to make sure you have a working product if you are unfortunate enough to have problems with the full installer but a combination of this and the post directly above should show that you are not taking much of a risk!

Cheers,
Paul.
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 9:01am
Well, I dont know.
My experience is that demos are to test if you like the addon AND how it runs on your system. If it doesnt run well, dont buy the addon...... I may stick to my Freeware Dino Cattaneo MB 326 for a while.

But all that said, the JF Hawk IS a very nice aircraft. Not only does it look good but its a very lively and nice flight. Very responsive to inputs. on long 45 minuts flight I really tested it through its paces and I believe it is the best little jet that I have tried.

I have uninstalled the Hawk demo from P3D and will install it into FSX SE soon and see what happens
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic