This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk Demo installation issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk Demo installation issue
    Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 1:44pm
I was very pleased to see the Hawk demo become available, but I have been unable to install it.

During the installation process I am asked to input my Just Flight account details to authenticate.  The installation stalls at this step, presumably because it's looking for a purchase which isn't there - being a demo.  There is no option that I can find to "purchase" the demo.  I have been round this a good number of times now so ruled out typos.  I have confirmed my login details by successfully logging in to the JustFlight website, and I have redownloaded the demo.  Not much else I can think of now to get this to work so over to you, JustFlight.

I look forward to this issue being resolved and trying the demo though.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:35pm
Hi,
We've just uploaded a new version to fix this. If you re-download now you shouldn't have any problems. 
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks
Rich 
CavalierDuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 7:21pm
Well, got past the installation snag, now on to the next one. When I start the flight with the JF Hawk as the selected aircraft, I see apparently no aircraft, just two pilots hanging in the air above the runway.  Screenshot linked below. From some previous demos I remember this is something like what you see when your time runs out, but this is seconds after spawning.  The aircraft displays fine in the preview window.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2z70f18p1j540j8/JFHawk1.jpg?dl=0

Running FSX Acceleration/DX10, i7-6700K/GTX970.
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by CavalierDuck CavalierDuck wrote:

Well, got past the installation snag, now on to the next one. When I start the flight with the JF Hawk as the selected aircraft, I see apparently no aircraft, just two pilots hanging in the air above the runway.  Screenshot linked below. From some previous demos I remember this is something like what you see when your time runs out, but this is seconds after spawning.  The aircraft displays fine in the preview window.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2z70f18p1j540j8/JFHawk1.jpg?dl=0

Running FSX Acceleration/DX10, i7-6700K/GTX970.

Hi CavalierDuck,

As visible in the below post, I recently experienced this issue. A reinstall of the aircraft worked for me. 

Max

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 2:54am
Thank you for your suggestions Max but still no joy.  Reloading doesn't make the aircraft appear, I've also done a full uninstall/reinstall cycle.  Same result every time.

At the moment its safe to say that this "demo" isn't "demo"ing quite what the developers intended!  Perhaps someone from JF would like to chime in here.... 

It would be interesting to hear if anyone else has got the demo working.  I'm not running any strange setup and have a wide variety of addon aircraft all working fine.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 2:32pm
Hi,
Plenty of people have confirmed that they have been using the demo successfully.
We've just updated the demo package to expand the flying time from 5 to 15 minutes. Perhaps give that version a try and see if you have better luck with it?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 10:12pm
Rich,

I just tried again, uninstalled the previous demo and installed the latest demo.  Same result I'm afraid, no aircraft visible, just suspended pilots.

This is a pity, I was looking forward to seeing the demo with a view to purchase.  But the indications are that it's not going to work on my system, for reasons unknown.
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 11:33am
Originally posted by CavalierDuck CavalierDuck wrote:

Rich,

I just tried again, uninstalled the previous demo and installed the latest demo.  Same result I'm afraid, no aircraft visible, just suspended pilots.

This is a pity, I was looking forward to seeing the demo with a view to purchase.  But the indications are that it's not going to work on my system, for reasons unknown.

CavalierDuck,

Out of generic FSX installation bug fixing, did you disable your AV/Windows defender on the FSX folder when installing? Some AVs can corrupt files during installation. Also, were you running the installer as an admin user? These won't definitely fix the problem but they allow for elimination of factors for customer service!

Max
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 5:30pm
I also have the same problem with the Hawk demo as above. Windows Defender disabled and ran the install as admin.

Windows 10
GeForce 750ti latest drivers

Anthony

anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by anthonye anthonye wrote:

I also have the same problem with the Hawk demo as above. Windows Defender disabled and ran the install as admin.

Windows 10
GeForce 750ti latest drivers

Anthony

Any news on this as I wont buy it in case the problem is with the full version as well.

Anthony
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by mlb406 mlb406 wrote:

CavalierDuck,

Out of generic FSX installation bug fixing, did you disable your AV/Windows defender on the FSX folder when installing? Some AVs can corrupt files during installation. Also, were you running the installer as an admin user? These won't definitely fix the problem but they allow for elimination of factors for customer service!

Max

Thanks Max; I always run installers as admin, and I tried a full uninstall/reinstall cycle with AV fully off with the same results as all the other attempts.  As you say, rules out any interference from those sources of issues.  So still no luck with the demo.

CavalierDuck
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 5:24pm
I'm out of ideas then. Probably best to put a support ticket in and see what the team can do. 

Max
DavidRees View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidRees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 9:21am
Exactly the same problem!!!!

Have re installed - no joy Ouch

Will delay any purchase 

Running P3D V2.5 (plenty of other addons without problem)
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 8:29am
So, I join the club
I tried the demo in P3Dv3 and the aircraft appeared and worked very well, but my PC totally crashed everytime I used the demo. Last time after 3 minuts, so I uninstalled the demo

So I tried an install into FSX-SE and guess what:..... Two pilots showing up and nothing else.

If Justflight decides to make a new demo, i will try it, but so far no Hawk on my PC.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 9:59am
Welcome to the club, Anthony, David and Donny. There are a couple of new members on the SOH site too so we are not alone!

I did submit a tech support ticket on this issue a few days ago, but with the holiday season it wouldn't be fair to expect a fast response.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:59am
A weird thing.
As i wrote, I have the same problem with the aircraft not appearing in FSX-SE
But before that, I had the Hawk installed in P3Dv3 and it showed up and everything worked. Because my PC crashed when I used the Hawk, (could be problems on my pc. I´m not complaining!!)  I uninstalled the Hawk.
Yesterday evening, I tried installing the demo again in P3D.... And guess what. Aircraft not showing up, only 2 pilots hanging in the air. Weird, because I had not changed anything, only tried an install in FSX-SE.
I tried installing (again) all simconnect files in both simulators, but it did not change anything. After having done that, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Hawk in both sims and no aircraft, only pilots in the air.

I have run out of ideas and will wait and see or forget about the product.
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:23pm
Out of curiosity, are you running it in DX10 mode? Try both DX10 and DX9
(Assuming it is FSX you installed it to)
HotelZulu
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:09pm
DX9 here

Anthony
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 4:28pm
DX 10 with Steve´s fixer in FSX-SE and DX 11 in P3D.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 1:22pm
Quick update for you on this.  We're aware of the issues and indeed people who were on holiday over the holiday period sacrificed some time-off to try and get to the bottom of the issue.  Getting closer and should have it sorted very soon.

Apologies again for the inconvenience here guys and thanks for your patience!

Happy New Year to you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic