This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk Demo installation issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ninelives View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninelives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk Demo installation issue
    Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:36pm
Glad to hear this could be fixed as I have the same problem and oddly enough the same problem with the Mosquito demo too.
g-pmem View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-pmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 3:21pm
Hi Max,

Yes, I tried reinstalling and several other things, but couldn't get past having two levitating pilots.

If a specific problem was found to cause this in the demo just last week, then surely the same problem/solution can be applied to the retail version?
mlb406 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlb406 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 12:26pm
Peter,

Having had the retail version ever since it came out in late July 2016, and having seen 2 service packs, I can say that this bug was never truly in the full version. I had this problem once, however a reinstall fixed it for me, and I haven't had it since. By the sounds of things on this thread, reinstalling didn't fix it in the demo, but from what I've seen, it did fix it in the full version.

When you bought the Hawk, did you try reinstalling it? Did you run the installer as an administrator? Did you restart your computer after the hawk had finished installing? Did you disable AV when installing?

There are multitude of factors that can lead to this happening, but few of them are down to the modelling of the Hawk itself.

Hope this is of use

Max
g-pmem View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-pmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 9:42am
Has this invisible aircraft bug been fixed in the full version? I purchased the full version over christmas but had this problem so got a full refund.

If the problem is fixed in the retail version, then I might re-purchase it.

Peter
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by anthonye anthonye wrote:

Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi Anthony,
You aren't flying at around 2000ft when this happens? Above 2000ft above the ground (i.e. radio height), everything other than the pilots will disappear. 

Ok, will give it another try later...

Anthony

All ok, I forgot about the height limit, must have been bordering around 2000.
Will go and buy it now, really good, excellent fps as well..

Anthony
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi Anthony,
You aren't flying at around 2000ft when this happens? Above 2000ft above the ground (i.e. radio height), everything other than the pilots will disappear. 

Ok, will give it another try later...

Anthony
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 4:34pm
Hi Anthony,
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
Still not good here. This time everything shows ok but after a few minutes intermittent flashing of cockpit and outside just shows the pilots when textures flash.

Will not chance the full version, does look a good aircraft though when not playing up.

Anthony
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:04am
The sale prices for the Hawk will remain in place until 4pm Friday 6th January.

This is to allow those who wanted to use the demo before making a purchase decision that luxury.

Apologies for the issues with the demo over Christmas, all should be working fine with it now.

Hawk offer price: 33% OFF – ONLY £19.99 / €25.40 / $30.00 
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by CavalierDuck CavalierDuck wrote:

Rich and all at Just Flight,

Thanks for getting thisfixed - I've downloaded the new demo and I see the aircraft - nice job!  Now to decide before the sale ends tomorrow...

Good news. Thanks for your patience.

Enjoy the demo.
CavalierDuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 10:17pm
Rich and all at Just Flight,

Thanks for getting thisfixed - I've downloaded the new demo and I see the aircraft - nice job!  Now to decide before the sale ends tomorrow...
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 4:30pm
Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Now we're back at work we've been able to a take a look at this demo issue and get it sorted out. If you would like to redownload from the demo page (https://www.justflight.com/demos) you should be able to test out the Hawk. 

Thanks for your patience.
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 1:22pm
Quick update for you on this.  We're aware of the issues and indeed people who were on holiday over the holiday period sacrificed some time-off to try and get to the bottom of the issue.  Getting closer and should have it sorted very soon.

Apologies again for the inconvenience here guys and thanks for your patience!

Happy New Year to you all.
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 4:28pm
DX 10 with Steve´s fixer in FSX-SE and DX 11 in P3D.
anthonye View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 3:09pm
DX9 here

Anthony
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 2:23pm
Out of curiosity, are you running it in DX10 mode? Try both DX10 and DX9
(Assuming it is FSX you installed it to)
HotelZulu
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 8:59am
A weird thing.
As i wrote, I have the same problem with the aircraft not appearing in FSX-SE
But before that, I had the Hawk installed in P3Dv3 and it showed up and everything worked. Because my PC crashed when I used the Hawk, (could be problems on my pc. I´m not complaining!!)  I uninstalled the Hawk.
Yesterday evening, I tried installing the demo again in P3D.... And guess what. Aircraft not showing up, only 2 pilots hanging in the air. Weird, because I had not changed anything, only tried an install in FSX-SE.
I tried installing (again) all simconnect files in both simulators, but it did not change anything. After having done that, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Hawk in both sims and no aircraft, only pilots in the air.

I have run out of ideas and will wait and see or forget about the product.
CavalierDuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CavalierDuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 9:59am
Welcome to the club, Anthony, David and Donny. There are a couple of new members on the SOH site too so we are not alone!

I did submit a tech support ticket on this issue a few days ago, but with the holiday season it wouldn't be fair to expect a fast response.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 8:29am
So, I join the club
I tried the demo in P3Dv3 and the aircraft appeared and worked very well, but my PC totally crashed everytime I used the demo. Last time after 3 minuts, so I uninstalled the demo

So I tried an install into FSX-SE and guess what:..... Two pilots showing up and nothing else.

If Justflight decides to make a new demo, i will try it, but so far no Hawk on my PC.

DavidRees View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidRees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 9:21am
Exactly the same problem!!!!

Have re installed - no joy Ouch

Will delay any purchase 

Running P3D V2.5 (plenty of other addons without problem)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic