This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gah! Frustration with JT Add-on Installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gah! Frustration with JT Add-on Installation
    Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:07am
I have Rail Simulator 2017 (purchased via Steam) installed on my PC.

I have two hard drives on my PC; C & D.  Windows 10 is installed on the C drive but RS17 is installed on the D drive. (D:Games\SteamApps\common\railworks)

When I attempt to install Newcastle to York Modern I am asked whether I have installed Rail Simulator or Rail Works.  Though I have RS17 installed I note that the game folders within the Steam folders is called Railworks, which is confusing.

If I try to install the add-on selecting Railworks I am told the registry value cannot be found and the install terminates.  I am not given the option to manually select the location of the RS/RW folder.

However, if I select the Rail Simulator option I am able to manually select the RW folder, however when I try to install I get told that the file railsim.exe cannot be found.

So effectively, I cannot install this add-on.

Other JT add-ons that I cannot install are:

Scottish East Coast Lines - I am told the correct folder cannot be found but I am not given the option to manually choose a destination folder.

Voyager - same proplem as with Newcastle to York Modern

I can, however, install:

Newcastle to Edinburgh

Western Mainlines

Finally, your product authentication pop up box - I enter my details and check the box to remember my login details as I have several JT items I want to install, but it never remembers my details and so I have to laboriously manually enter my login credentials every time I try to install a JT product.

You create fantastic products but it seems some of your products really don't like it when the RS17 game itself is not installed in the normal C drive and makes life difficult for the customer.

Please advise on the points I have raised.

Thank you.

PS> Why have I not submitted this via the Support ticket option?  I tried, but when I submit the request I get this error: 5f0d4e31-d7ea-4c28-b837-4b864bdc85b3

Angry

Myrm
Myrm View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 12:56pm
<cough cough> REPLY/ACKNOWLEDGEMENT PLEASE JT!!<cough><cough>. Big smile
Myrm
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Myrm Myrm wrote:

<cough cough> REPLY/ACKNOWLEDGEMENT PLEASE JT!!<cough><cough>. Big smile

Sorry for the delay.

Please submit a support ticket to the support team and they will assist you.  Sorry this service wasn't working earlier this week, it's now fixed and you'll be able to submit your ticket and they will will be able to help.

Regards

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic