This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APU Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APU Start
    Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 1:32pm
HELP
I cannot get the APU to start in the tutorial. I follow all the instructions, but the start light stays on and no start ensues. I have
downloaded and installed again and still get the same result. It is very frustrating.
I have tried support at JustFlight, but all I get are error messages!!!
I am TOTALLY FED UP. An hour of tryng and no start sequence.
Can anyone help please?

dbcooper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbcooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2016 at 6:21pm
Doing this from memory but...
Battery Switches-On
APU Panel:
Gen Control-Trip
Air Deliv. Valve-Close
APU Control-On
Push to Start-Push

Light should go out within a second or two. Put the Gen Control to Norm (check for voltage) and the Air Deliv. Valve to Open.

Bill Walsh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 7:19am
Thank you for that. It is what it says to do in the manual, but the light will not go out and the APU will not start. Perhaps it is just me1
ddressel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddressel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 8:46am
hi Bill,
you´re not the only one....
I´ve got the same problem to start the apu
Hope I get an answer here

Dieter
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 12:13pm
Hi Dieter,
   Glad to Know that I am not alone in this. Support are looking into it, but so far no successful conclusion. I live in hope of finally flying this aircraft in the near future.
Bill
ddressel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddressel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:23am
hi Bill,
starting with groundpower works.
That may be a solution......
Dieter
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 8:34am
Hi chaps,

We are currently investigating this issue. Unfortunately neither our testers or us can actually reproduce the issue which makes it difficult to resolve, but we are looking at possible causes.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Ritty View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:41am
Hi I'm just curious if this was resolved?
I have the same problem with APU not starting.

I bought the aircraft last week.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 11:32am
Hi again,
Thank you for your post. I am glad that it is not just me, I was getting paranoid about this issue.
Ritty View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:19am
Hi Bill, thought I'd give you an update on how I'm progressing with JF support regarding the APU.

They have been really good talking with the developers to try and sort out what may be going wrong. However, it now appears that it has to do with me using FSX SP2.  Not sure if you are in the same boat.

I've tried many different combinations starting the APU and nothing works.  Apparently the HS 748 only supports FSX Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition.

This seems to be the same for all the new JF products. Ouch

I'm waiting to see if it will be corrected in another service pack, but I'm guessing it will be no.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:37am
Thank you for that. It is a pity that this was not stated when I purchased the aircraft. I do not want to purchase the acceleration add-on, I have had it in the past and it would cause problems with some of my add-ons that were already installed, so I sold it.
Could this be a case for a refund, as I have yet to even taxi the aircraft?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:47am
Hi Bill,

It is stated in the system requirements:

Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition required) or Prepar3D v3/v2/v1

Please contact our customer service team and they'll provide you with a refund/exchange.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Walsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 10:08am
Hi Martyn,
Thank you for the response. I have contacted Just Flight for the refund/exchange. I don't know how I missed the requirements.
From an earlier post someone stated that all future releases would only be available for the same requirements, surely you are going to lose customers with this, certainly me!
Best wishes,
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic