This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For my fellow FSX Gold Boxed Version Pilots.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For my fellow FSX Gold Boxed Version Pilots.
    Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 7:36pm
Hello to my fellow FSX Gold Boxed Version Pilot Subscribers.
I have a brand new windows 10 anniversary computer. Well, it is now one year old.
For any of you who have wind 10 anniversary running on your pc's and have had success installing FSX Gold via your FSX Gold DVD's, would you please share your knowledge?
Because I've tried everything, and I get errors thrown at me left and right.
For starters, the install wizard gets about 60 percent then I get a error.
Now I know there's nothing wrong with the dvd's.
They worked fine in myolder win 7 computer which was falling a part.
When I upgraded the older win 7 with the free upgrade to win 10 since I didn't uninstall FSX Gold, I still had no problems with FSX Gold.
I would go to steam, but steam is not blind friendly for we who have to see through our ears since our eyes do not work.
STEAM is owned and was designed by Valve Corporation.
They will not return our phone calls nor will they return our e-mail letters.
If you do a insternet search on the topic of something like.
petition to make steam accessible for the blind, you'll see all kinds of petitions asking Valve Corp to make steam accessible so that everyone may enjoy the games in the new gaming world known as steam.
We have several supporters both fellow blind FSX pilots and sighted supporters a like with everyone's comments that are worth reading.
How do blind people fly?
We use the following three programs that work hand in hand together.
1. FSX of course, SMILES.
2. The small com bridge of a programs that we all know and use called FSUIPC.
3. Last but not least the AI is it Copilot or is it First Officer voice input assistant program from Canada called Its Your Plane or IYP for short.
Check out some of their You Tube videos out out on their web page at
www.itsyourplane.com
So for we who are using win 10 anniversary, we need to flood Microsoft and let them know of our feelings and have win 10 anniversary fixed so that we can install our favoriate programs once again.
Ron Kolesar AKA The Blind Pilot.
Keep The Blue Side Up.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 9:36am
Originally posted by blindpilot blindpilot wrote:

I would go to steam, but steam is not blind friendly for we who have to see through our ears since our eyes do not work.

Accessibility issues aside, you only need to install FSX:SE via Steam, and then it's transparent - you'll never need to use Steam again after that (especialy as FSX:SE will autoupdate).

Could you not ask a friend/relative to help you install FSX:SE via Steam, and then you're back to just an FSX install really and you can add whatever you need.   Aside from the initial install, it's no different than FSX boxed really from an application perspective.

Trying to get a Boxed FSX installer working from discs is pretty much pointless now.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
starman3243 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starman3243 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 9:51pm
Hi I've encountered this before. The solution is to copy all of the files on the DVDS on to your hard disk and then run the installer from there. I use Windows 10 Anniversary and this method worked for me.
As above, so below
blindpilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 10:34pm
So, let me see if I understand you correctly.
I
1. insert dvd 1 into my dvd drive.
2. I tap my applications key and go down to open.
3. I select all the folders and or files and copy them to C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft games, or just to c:\program files (x86)\
Now do I smartly make the fsx folder first and copy those folders and or files into that folder so that I don't have folders all over my c drive?
I think I understand what you want me to do, but just wanted to make sure I had my I's dotted and my t's crossed.
Then hopefully when it asks for disk 2, I simply just insert disk 2 like I normally would and hope that the program installs.
Many Thanks for this advice and happy new years to all FSX Gold pilots.
Keep The Blue Side Up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic