This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AI timing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevePH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AI timing
    Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 8:17pm
I've made up schedules for my ai aircraft, and in doing so, I notice that when I start FSX, I choose say 08:00hrs as the start time, in the cockpit the time says the same time, but if you open the sdk explorer for ai, the time is an hour earlier, and it shows all the schedule times as different from what I had input in T360. How on earth do I get the schedule to run properly..... and when starting FSX do I select "my" time or an hour earlier to match the sdk explorer time???

I thank you in advance

Steve

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:31pm
When you create schedules in T360 or TX, you are using times that are LOCAL to the airports in question. These LOCAL times are based upon UTC variations set by T360 / TX which in some cases do NOT agree with the variations used by FSX - they are often an hour different depending upon where in the world you are working.

The Traffic Explorer window (created by installing the SDK) has all times that are UTC, NOT LOCAL, so you have to allow for the UTC variation. So, from my first paragraph, you can see that you will often find an hour variation from what you expected.

This is something you will have to live with, I'm afraid. Once you know the situation, you can, if necessary, edit your schedules to allow for the difference.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 1:41am
Yeah, it can be a real pain in the a---.  But you do get used to it over time, with experience, as you do more and more flight plans and schedules.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic