This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

extra traffic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extra traffic
    Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 12:37pm
Darren,

congrats on making progress.   
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 11:53am
hey Guys, happy to report things are good now got my 777s back and flying in and parking at the right gates, tried to do some flights plans one or 2 been successful at whether they fly in or not I don't know have done the compiling, but can never understand that 50 minute rule some times I have programme the flight to fly back out like 30 minutes after they come in but still see the return leg in red and it tells me it has to be minimum of 50 minutes, its no big deal at leas the game is working propley now.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 9:32am
Darren,

I have in the past seen Jon's published charts relating to aircraft wingspans but have never come across the download files. [Edit - yes I found my old forum message to you from some years ago.]

I have always made these CFG changes manually.

There is a very neat little program called "AI-Aircraft Editor" available free from "The Owls Nest" web site that allows you to do any CFG changes easily - I use it almost every day for all sorts of changes that I find I need to make. It allows you to make changes to everything in a CFG file that is significant to the correct operation of aircraft appearing at airports.

[ Edit - http://www.owlsnest.eu     click on Downloads then Tools ]

Ray
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 2:46am
Hi Freddy yes it is the one provided by Jon Murchison my Cousin found it about 2 years ago he is a computer wizard and he found the program and I think you also mentioned it to me a very long time ago when I first got Traffic X and was wondering how to get the aircraft to park at the right gates. Ray not to much worried about the Trafficcarriers.bgl if they atr for aircraft carriers as I to have never seen one on my game either. And yes it is the flyable hanger that I am talking aout I have never had a problem with those aircraft I remember once before losing aircraft in the flyable hanger but I cant remember to get them back. At the moment the only way to get them back is if I uninstall the program and then reinstall it I get all the aircraft then but when I go to fix up the parking that when I seem to loose the 777s which I have never had this problem before.

Here is the program Ray:

January 2009

Traffic X Wing Width Fix using data from http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm

Author: Jon Murchison
Email: jonmurchison@hotmail.com
This file is FREEWARE it must not be sold, included on a CD (without permission) or uploaded to any site that charges for downloads.

1. Back-up your TrafficX folder in case you need it, saves a full reinstall of TrafficX.

2. Unzip the TRAFFICX_AIRPLANES.zip folder to your desktop, then open Open the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX folder.

3. Open each aircraft folder in the TRAFFICX_AIRPLANES folder and copy and paste the aircraft config file into the corresponding aircraft folder in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\TrafficX, click save when prompted.

4. Run FSX as normal, you will note heavies now park at heavy gates and you may see an increase in traffic at airports that have limited smaller parking places but more heavy slots.

Enjoy.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:06pm
Are you talking perhaps about the FSX Wing Span Values, provided by Jon Murchison? I have that as a whole lot of folders, each one containing an aircraft.cfg file for a specific Traffic X aircraft. I am not aware of that coming in "program" form. But, from what you describe, you could be talking about some kind of wing span fixer program?

If this is what you are talking about, and it is indeed some kind of wing_span fixer program, then it sounds to me like the wing_span value for the 777 is incorrect in this "program". So it should be a simple matter of making some manual edits to the 777's aircraft.cfg file to fix it - also checking the parking codes etc at the same time (as those will also affect whether or not the 777 parks at your airports).

A simple solution to the TrafficCarriers.bgl issue would be for Ray or myself to send you a copy of ours ... you can copy it in to your setup and see if the problem occurs.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 3:55pm
Darren
can you supply more info on the 'fix it' program you are using. Where did you find it?

"flyable hanger" - are you talking about the TrafficX facility to make the supplied AI aircraft 'flyable' in the 'Aircraft Hangar' option? In my experience, they don't fly particularly well.

TrafficCarriers.bgl is, I believe, the file that puts a few aircraft carriers on the high seas but, as yet, I have never come across one. Your version of this file seems strangely large as if it has been modified. Do you get this exact same file EVERY time you do a re-install?
When you do a re-install do you make sure that, after doing the proper un-install, you check that ALL existing TrafficX files have been deleted?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:48am
'just another question I had to reload the traffic x that's fine loaded up all the aircraft form the hanger, also I have been using John's fix it its the program that once you use it the aircraft park at their proper gates instead of like A380's parking at small domestic gates, you have to open up the traffic airplanes folder copy the config files and then move them to the Simo bject file and paiste them into the traffic part of the sim folder, anyway after doing all that I seem to have all the aircraft apart from the 777s I have lost them. If I reoad the Traffic I get all the 777s as well as all the other flyable aircraft then use the fix it again copy and paiste get all the aircraft from the flyable hanger again and again I loose the 777s what would be causing that?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 11:18am
Ray the date of the file was 18 November 2008 and it was 83.8. Yeah I noticed you had TrafficCarriers.bgl as well that was the one when I put it back filed up all my airports with those aircraft, when I took it out again problem was fixed again what does that file do?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:57pm
Good news on getting things working!

Yes, I was suspicious about those TWO TrafficX.bgl files.  You only put ONE back, and things are working ... yes, that makes sense to me.

However, like Ray, I am now curious about the "TrafficCarriers.bgl" file ... because on my system, I have that file in my folder and therefore being loaded and used by the sim.  And, judging by Ray's post where he listed the files that are in his folder, he also has that file in there being loaded and used by his sim too.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 2:18pm
Darren,

congrats on finding the errant file.

"TrafficCarriers.bgl" - what is the date, time & size of this file?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:25pm
Freddy, and Ray a very very big thank you to you both for spending the time helping work out my traffic problem the flight sim community would we very lost without you 2 once again a very big thank you.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:22pm
Ray and Freddy the words thank you just don't describe my appreciation for the time both of you have spent helping me work this problem a very big thank you to you both I would be totally lost without you 2 as I think everybody else would to once again a very big thank you to you both.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:04pm
Ray and Freddy the words thank you just don't describe my appreciation for the time both of you have spent helping me work this problem a very big thank you to you both I would be totally lost without you 2 as I think everybody else would to once again a very big thank you to you both.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 12:01pm
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 11:57am
Ok guys problem fixed!!!!!!!!!   Freddy buy moving the bgl files to the desk top that left the airport totally empty, then I put back the files except for 1 traffic.bgl and the trafficCarriers.bgl and it worked I only have the airlines that are ment to be there. I experiment and I put back the trafficCarriers.bgl back into the file started up the sim and all those aircraft were back at the airport, so I took the trafficCarriers.bgl back out and put that back on my desk top and it worked my airports are back to normal.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 11:13am
Hi Ray, Hi Freddy, yes they are the bgl files I have in that folder and I don't know why I have 2 Trafficx.bgl files, yes Ray the files I listed are the ones that you listed, like I said I don't know why I have TrafficX.bgl and TrafficX.bgl.old ?

Ok I moved the bgl files to the desk top then run the sim the one aircraft I saw was the one that I picked to fly the rest of the airport (Melbourne) was totally empty. So ding that I have removed all those aircraft and now I don't have any aircraft anywhere. So I guess that is a start.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 1:55am
TrafficAircraft._bgl
trafficBoats.bgl
trafficCarriers.bgl
TrafficX.bgl ................ ?
TrafficX.bgl.old
........... ?

1)  Is there a reason why you have two TrafficX.bgl files?  Or is that just the way you typed it here?  If you renamed that last one to .old, then it won't load ... but that first one above it will still be loading.

2)  As I've mentioned before, I would still suggest you MOVE the Traffic X AI traffic files to the desktop and run the sim ... in fact, even better, move ALL of these .bgl files to the desktop and run the sim ... and see what happens.  If you still see traffic, then it will confirm what Ray and I suspect ... that you have copies of these files, or other traffic files, somewhere else in your folders ... at which point you can use Windows Explorer, as suggested by Ray, to do a Search at the top right to see if you can find them.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 3:15pm
Darren

The files you listed - are they the same as these?

trafficaircraft._bgl      31/07/2006   00:05     22615Kb
trafficboats.bgl          01/08/2006   06:34      1784Kb
trafficcarriers.bgl       22/08/2007   17:34           6Kb
trafficX.bgl               18/11/2008    09:23    85898Kb
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:55pm
Hi Darren,

your list of AI files says that the default FSX AI should NEVER show up in FSX - BUT you say you can see some of them!
This means that you MUST have a COPY of the file "TrafficAircraft.bgl" somewhere else in your folders. I suspect that you probably have some other files as well - ones that you do not want.

In Windows Explorer, go to the Search window at the top right and type in the name TrafficAircraft.bgl, left mouse click in the main area and see what files and locations are found.

If, as I suspect, there are entries other than \FSX\Scenery\World\scenery then I suggest you navigate to that/those locations and see what is there. Any BGLs with names the same as in the aforementioned location would need to be deleted.

As I have previously recommended, the Traffic Toolbox SDK would allow us to get to this possible solution much quicker than all this messing about.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:10am
I think the problem started when I was flying between Winnipeg and Montreal it was at Montreal when I saw all these aircraft and didn't take any notice until I got back to Sydney, even when I flew into Tokyo I didn't take any notice of an Albanian Airlines Bae 146 there    I did what you said to do changed the TrafficX.bgl.old started the sim and all those small planes parked at the gate. One thing I have noticed is that there are no wide bodies they are all small 146's or turbo props no big jets apart from the airlines that have been programed to fly into there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic