This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TB10/20 SP3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TB10/20 SP3
    Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 9:02am
Dear sirs,

I have now the SP3 version of your nice TB10/20. I am especially focused on the TB10. A long time ago, I flew real TB9, TB10 and TB20, but the one I flew many times was the TB10. (Only 2 flights with TB9 and 2 also on TB20).

My feeling about the SP3 :
The starter issue is now fixed and this is nice.

With the SP2, I found the flight model really better than the original version, the cruise speed was OK. With the SP3, the cruise speed seems now very low, just above 100 Kts (like a TB9). I made some changes in the Aircraft.cfg to get cruise speeds more realistic at 2000 fts and 6000 fts (It is not perfect, but, it is more accurate now and it is a pleasure to fly the Tobago). I can now fly with a speed just below 120 kts at 2000 fts, like with the real aircraft (Settings : PA 23.6/2300 RPM).
I made a little change to the flaps setting for the TB10 : The early models had 30° for the second step, last models have only 25° as you did. I think this change was to improve the climb rate with full flaps (go around). I prefer the 30° setting because more drag is more comforable, but this is "my choice" only !

About the visual model, I noticed two errors :
- The horizontal stabilizer is not the same for TB20 and TB10 : the stabilizer is bigger on the TB20, and the anti-tab trim is as you made it. On the TB10, the stabilizer is smaller, and the anti-tab trim run all over the span of the stab. It is quite difficult to finf a picture showing this, but you can look here :

And here :

The bigger stab of the TB20 changes the behavior, the TB20 is more stable and have a more heavy nose at take-off and during the flare at landing than the TB10. The TB10 was less easy to trim finely than the TB20, the differences between the 2 stabs and the anti-tab trims were important.

The other error is about the rudder trim : the TB10 does'nt have rudder trim. Only the TB20 have this. It should be removed of the vertical rudder and the wheel in the cockpit doesn't exist for the TB10. (On the picture above, you can see there is only a fixed small tab at the top of the rudder, but no controled trim tab.)

I enjoy flying your TB's, and I will use them a lot now !

Best regards

Jean-Louis Coussot

Jean-Louis Coussot
J-L Coussot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:58am
I submited a ticket to the support some days ago, for theses items, and also for the Fuel Flow gauge because the values are very different of whet they should be. I hope I will have a answerd.
Jean-Louis Coussot
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:36pm
Hi Jean-Louis. We have received your support ticket and we'll be looking into the issues that you've reported.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 5:13pm
Thank you Martyn, I think you have many planes to manage and time is too short ! I can understand, this is the same for me !

Jean-Louis Coussot
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 5:32pm
Hi Martyn ! Any news about this post ?
Best regards

Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis Coussot
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:14am
Hi Jean-Louis,

As this requires some model changes, unfortunately it'll be a while before we can allocate the time to make those changes. It's not been forgotten though.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-L Coussot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 2:50pm
Thank you for the status update Martyn.
Jean-Louis Coussot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic