This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elevator Trim forward creep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elevator Trim forward creep
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 6:54pm
Great work by the FDE guys, and of course, everyone else, for sorting out some of the issues that are addressed in SP3. It's a beautiful model but in many ways, too clever by half - a victim of its own complexity! But with a few minor tweaks here and there, the TB10 anyway, now flies just like the real thing.

But is anyone else suffering from continual elevator trim creep? Whether in the air or on the ground, the trim creeps inexorably forwards and for level flight, requires constant backwards trim. It's the same in the TB20. The KAP150 too is affected and despite ALT HOLD, will eventually dive into the ground...

Incidentally, I'm amused/concerned to see that JustFlight seem to be flouting the Child Labour laws for their inflight testing - the P1 and P2 in the [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] section only weigh 70lbs each!
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 10:00pm
No idea on the trim creep, but the weight - oh bugger, I didn't mean to leave that in, it was just something I did for testing. Sorry!

Paul.
bpieke View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 4:15am
I still believe the original FDE was better, and had a lot more elevator trim headroom.

I've replaced the aircraft.cfg and air files with my V1 version, but do like the model upgrades.

All in all, a very pleasant airplane to fly Smile
tb10driver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 2:10pm
Ok - fixed it by simply re-installing SP3! Like I said, a victim of its own complexity (or my fiddling...), but flying very nicely now. Thanks, guys.

Dave
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 5:31pm
Ok, this is really weird. I've got the 'elevator trim forward creep' syndrome again, but ONLY if I use the TBSwitch.exe to change from the 'Standard Model' to the 'Flight1 GTN 650-750 Model', and reload. How peculiar is that?

Switch back to 'Standard Model', reload the aircraft, and the trim stays rock-steady where it's put.

Looks like I'll have to stay away from buying Flight1's GTN model. A shame as I have their GNS430 and was going to ask if there was any way to integrate that into this brilliant sim.

Cheers
Dave
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 2:57pm
Hi Dave. I'm looking into exactly what is causing that issue, but it appears to occur only if you attempt to use the GTN model without the F1 GTN installed.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb10driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 4:46pm
Thanks, Martyn, I'd been using the GTN650's blank display to house F1's GNS430W - sneaky but effective(the included 430 is great, but not quite the real thing...)

But I'm pretty sure the elevator trim didn't creep before the SP3 update. And anyway, as you suggest, if don't have the F1 GTN, then there's no good reason to be using the TBSwitch.exe! So leave it alone!

Thanks again,
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic