This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPILS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vx800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPILS
    Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:09pm
I had a really good experience with the Tornado GR1 the other day

Was reading a book, RAF Tornado, and came across SPILS system on page 95
ok, there is a SPILS switch in the Tornado SIM but was it only there to look good or did it have a function

so I took of from EGYM, climbed to safe altitude, closed the throttle, stick back, nose up
with SPILS on, the plane would not stall, it simply lowered its nose gently no matter how hard I tried to pull back on the stick
ok, then I tried the same thing without SPILS, and now I could stall it, it allmost started to spin
so my conclusion is that the SPILS system is active which is a very nice feature.
Also I learned that I should disconnect SPILS when landing, because it means that bthe plane behaves more predictable at low speeds with gear and flaps extended

have also learned to perform the Bite test, they take some time but is is also very good and realistic details for a simmer like me, who is more fond of trying to do things right, than I am shooting other planes down.

I think that performing the complete cheklist takes more than 20 minutes!
vx800
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:59am
Hi Ole,

Yes, we have included SPILS functionality. The code for that and the BITE tests took quite a while to write! 

I hope you are enjoying the product.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic