This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tornado gripes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tornado gripes.
    Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 7:39pm
Just purchased the Tornado from JF, and must say, not very impressed so far!
I think its the ultimate stealth aircraft, as its only the cockpit thats visible!

Anybody know what this is?

G
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 8:22pm
Hi Gary. Are you using FSX? If you are, do you have Acceleration or Steam edition installed? Also, have you tried reinstalling the product?

If the answers to the above are yes and you still encounter the issue then please contact our customer service team who'll be able to assist you.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 9:29pm
Hi Martyn, yes, FSX/A, not steam. The Tornado is the DL version. Have TacPack running concurrently, but that shouldnt be an issue. Its a weird one for sure. Re-installed twice with same outcome. Ticket submitted.

Watch this space?? . . . . Ying Yang
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:47am
Have my reply. Basically my fsx rig is not in any way connected to the net. Preffer it that way. I created a virtual fsx on laptop, installed there, activated, then transferred the files to my fsx rig. Because of my set up, i have a £30 tornado i cannot use. Guess i should have had box version instead of DL.
Oh well, at least it wasnt £300, but £30 is still a lot to lose.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 11:52am
Hi Gary,
Sorry to hear you're not going to be able to get the Tornado up and running due to lack of internet connection. However, we won't leave you out of pocket. Get in touch with the customer service team and they'll be able to provide you with a refund/exchange. 
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:10pm
Hello Rich, thank you for your reply.
Early part of this year my PC was internet connected. I had many addons. My DL content had already maxed out the available "tries". Then my PC got herpes, lol. An email had a hidden god knows what which locked me out and tried to direct me to a site where i had to pay £480 to regain control of my computer. Since then i said to myself, no way will the next PC be connected. Whatever it was got through Norton, AVG and Avast without them even twitching. Thats why i dont connect my FSX rig. Others like Milviz give an option to unlock on a different machine, i assumed JF would be similar. It was my fault entirely, and as such i apologise for the semi rant in this thread. The Tornado was one addon i have been looking forward too. I am interested in an exchange, but i dont see how it can truly work, as i cant sent back anything physical? I can only delete the installer at my end? Can i still attain the box version? I assume that one will not require unlocking via the net?

Sincerely,
Gary
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:35pm
Im sure there was a post by Martyn here, i got called away at work so couldnt read it.
Got back and its gone??
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:38pm
Hi Gary,

We can cancel the download in your account, so you don't need to physically return anything for an exchange. 
The boxed version still requires an online activation to install it. 

Thanks
Rich 
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 2:08pm
Hi again Rich, thank you for your reply.
I may as well keep the installer i have, and link my PC to the net to just activate it. I will purchase a card and put in PC to enable this, probably in a day or so. Although the DL link in my account is no more, the installer i already downloaded should still work as normal once internet enabled, shouldnt it? Thank you again for your time.

Gary
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 2:15pm
Hi Gary, 
If the product has already been cancelled from your account then it won't be possible to install it again. If the purchase hasn't yet been cancelled and is still available in your account then you will be able to unlock it using your JF account login details.  

Thanks
garyscott View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:17pm
Tornado working. After going through my problem with customer services, i now have a working A/C. Many thanks to all involved. Clap
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:32pm
Great stuff. Thanks for letting us know Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic