This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather Radar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weather Radar
    Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:55am
Any clues on the x and y positions for this one? I have tried a variety of combinations, moved it up/down left right and even zero values but only the bottom quarter of the Capt Sim gauge appears on the VC display. It is fine in 2D. Here are the values for the 2D Gauge. 

gauge00=WXR!wr_display, 81,32,364,279
gauge01=Captain_Sim.r001.P04!P04_radar, 80,32,525,386

I am familiar with how this stuff works but I cannot at this point get it to fit the area provided in the polys. 

Advice appreciated.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm
We usually include the instructions for this in the manual but they appear to be missing from the One-Eleven manual:

-------------

With the increasing amount of third-party radar add-ons becoming available, we have placed a placeholder gauge tile in the centre screen of the weather radar (WXR) unit. The panel CFG file has an entry for a radar gauge to allow you to install a third-party radar gauge into this virtual cockpit.

A third-party radar add-on will usually be supplied with an entry for the panel CFG. We have provided a placeholder entry which can be replaced with the entry supplied by the add-on. 

This is how the entry currently looks in the CFG:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit05]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$WXSP

gauge00= PLACE YOUR PREFERRED WEATHER RADAR HERE
//--------------------------------------------------------

Note: The gauge we have listed and provided in the folder is just a placeholder weather map.

Please note the texture file name $WXSP. This is the gauge surface you will use to ‘mount’ your new gauge. 

So, the entry should be edited to:

Gauge00=Source for new gauge! Newgaugename, xposition,y position,size,size

You should now see your gauge displayed in the virtual cockpit radar unit. Adjustment will be required to get the correct size, orientation etc., dependent on the type of gauge you are using.

-------------

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 2:27am
I also would appreciate an answer to this question. Is it possible to integrate an addon weather radar into the VC display not just a 2D pop up. If so, how is this done?
hasegawa View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasegawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 10:11pm
Greetings from Riga, Latvia and +1  for the Milviz/REX WX-Radar.  Have it in some aircraft from flysimware in use ... and it may bee  a big deal, to use in this aircraft to.
Andreas R. Schmidt
Potsdam and Riga
old_n_heavy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old_n_heavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:01pm
+1 for the MilViz/REX WX Radar!
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 5:36am
Add my vote for Milviz Weather Radar.

Excellent job with this aircraft, very well done!

Cheers, Rob.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 4:49pm
Mention of weather reminds me. If you want to save some severe weather, then visit an airport near the storm and go to rael weather. save, and can then be loaded when you fancy a challenge. I wanted to get some lightning shots so visited Kigali in Africa which is the thunderstorm capital of the world. Gave me some good screenshots.
johnep
johnep
tsamisg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsamisg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:48pm
Hello. In the panel cfg file, vcockpit05 states "place your preferred weather radar here." I have the Milviz Weather Advantage Radar that I would like to use, but I do not know how or what to do to install it. I've installed the radar into the aircraft using the Milviz WX Advantage Radar Gauge Management Tool which provides a 2D popup, but I don't know what to do to integrate it into the vc cockpit panel. Any help would be appreciated.

tsamisg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic