This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Autopilot not working for me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooboog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by manderson manderson wrote:

I see my last comment in the forum was in early October, at which time it was acknowledged there was a problem. It is now nearly four months on and I do not see a correction yet. This is a long time to wait despite the product being still offered; presumably with the same deficiencies.

It's concerning when bugs like this make it in to the original release. I would've thought something like this would be noticed during beta testing of the product.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by manderson manderson wrote:

I see my last comment in the forum was in early October, at which time it was acknowledged there was a problem. It is now nearly four months on and I do not see a correction yet. This is a long time to wait despite the product being still offered; presumably with the same deficiencies.

No correction as yet you're right but we have tried to update you in this forum. I can guarantee it's not forgotten and the update will be forthcoming. 

Our apologies for the delay.
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:47am
It is indeed concerning when bugs like this make it into the final release, but it does happen and will continue to happen from time to time.  What's of vastly more concern is the fact that four months after the release date, there has been no fix for it while work continues on other products.

I can assure you that the longer it takes for this fix to actually be released, the longer it will be after release of JF's next product before I consider buying it.

TimSim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm
With regret I have to say I feel the same way. There will always be bugs but effectively the autopilot bug in my opinion makes the aircraft unusable in normal operations. Thus 4 months after purchase I am unable to use a product I paid for. Good luck with the fix I am sure it is not easy but this is the very last time I will buy a Just Flight product on release day.
captain132 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captain132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 10:52pm
It's pathetic customer service.
joefremont View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joefremont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:05pm
Its now been over five months since I initially posted my problem with the autopilot, and still no fix for it.  Any word on how much longer we must wait?
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:08pm
I have been patiently waiting for fixes for the DC8 series, Bac 1-11 and the HS748. JF is great about making promises, but horrible on delivering them. 

Personally I will not buy another JF offering until the aforementioned are addressed. 

If all the users of this forum would take the same stance, perhaps JF would step up their game.

Just my .02.

Scott
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:10pm
Forum was stuck - ended up with a double post.
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:38pm
A couple of things Scott. All of those products are published by, not developed by, Just Flight. So things like service packs involve work by external developers and because of that, could take longer.

On the plus side, I can say that beta testing of the DC-8 and 748 sp's is being done at the moment and once complete (in the case of the 748) will enable the 1-11 to be finished too. And yes, the 748 autopilot has been changed and works like it should and therefore so too will the 1-11.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 10:03pm
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I am aware that those products mentioned were not developed by JF, that is why I said offered instead of produced. However, it still stands that JF released products that had some obvious major flaws.

It is indeed good news that DC-8 and 748 beta testing is progressing.

Regards,
Scott
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:19am
Originally posted by flugkapitan911 flugkapitan911 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I am aware that those products mentioned were not developed by JF, that is why I said offered instead of produced. However, it still stands that JF released products that had some obvious major flaws.

It is indeed good news that DC-8 and 748 beta testing is progressing.

Regards,
Scott

As mentioned by Paul we're now mush further down the road with getting these SP's ready, tested and released to the public.  They have been slightly out of our control for a few reasons but as publishers of the products we accept responsibility for them, no excuses.

None are forgotten and we aim to be able to supply all as quickly as we can.  No guarantees about timescales of course but they are actively being worked on now, of that we can assure you.

Thanks for your patience and once again apologies for keeping you all waiting.
PaulC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:55am
Hello All,

There is a way around it (I shouldn't be having to find this out and tell you all as I paid for a finished product but hey ho).
Click the autopilot on then select the Alt Hold switch on.

What you need to have done is assign a VSI bug key/button and then the Increase Selection and Decrease Selection in the control menu. Once you have the AP engaged, select VSI bug then use the increase/decrease control to alter the rate of climb/descent. No need to keep clicking the ALT HOLD on and off which I agree- is stupid.

Come on Just Flight- sort yourselves out.

Paul
Mooboog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooboog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by PaulC PaulC wrote:

Hello All,

There is a way around it (I shouldn't be having to find this out and tell you all as I paid for a finished product but hey ho).
Click the autopilot on then select the Alt Hold switch on.

What you need to have done is assign a VSI bug key/button and then the Increase Selection and Decrease Selection in the control menu. Once you have the AP engaged, select VSI bug then use the increase/decrease control to alter the rate of climb/descent. No need to keep clicking the ALT HOLD on and off which I agree- is stupid.

Come on Just Flight- sort yourselves out.

Paul

This is a work around for the climbing and descending side of things, but VOR/ILS coupling is still non-existent. I just tried another flight and had to quit halfway through because of systems not working making me frustrated.

We've now gone six months since release, and the aircraft is still fundamentally un-flyable. I didn't buy this aircraft as a beta, I purchased a finished product. How much longer should we be expected to wait?
Mooboog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooboog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 2:45pm
Accidentally posted twice.
Debowing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:18am
I too, had trouble engaging the autopilot, but I discovered that there is a small dial just right and below of the attitude indicator, which should be rotated to the desired mode.
Debowing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 6:40am
I purchased the BAC 1-11 on 03 JUN 2017. I was wondering if the autopilot update has been incorporated into the downloaded installer version 7.1.100.1248.
Mooboog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooboog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Debowing Debowing wrote:

I purchased the BAC 1-11 on 03 JUN 2017. I was wondering if the autopilot update has been incorporated into the downloaded installer version 7.1.100.1248.

There still isn't an update to the autopilot yet.

TimSim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 7:47am
I predict we will be 'celebrating' the First Anniversary of this aircraft's release without a fix. Utterly shambolic.
Debowing View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:38am
it seems it has been forgotten by AH. It seems that AH are busy on new revenue generating not-yet-released projects(C-46, VC-10, etc.) now, the BAC 111 has been put on the back burner.

Still, update or not, its quite flyable.
Jakobarnholtz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakobarnholtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:10pm
I bought this product just after release. I has been waiting patiently for a looooong time now. This is not god enough. Gives the impression, that you rather spit out new airplanes, instead of fixing what was not finished in the first place, and that is, of course not true, or what?  Some kind of statemen is the least you give us. 

Jakob Arnholtz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic