This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > One-Eleven 300/400/500
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Autopilot not working for me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mante.rm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:20am
Ok   Martyn the function Ctrl+N works maybe it is good to put in some instructions of the manual thank you
joefremont View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joefremont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:05am
I just tested this again with the 1.01 release and all the described issues are still issues.  Submitting a ticket on the support form.
manderson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 3:00am
Yes I also have quickly tried 1.01. My first impressions are that Heading and VOR tracking seem a little better but it still does not even recognize an ILS and the flight director knob just will not switch to GS even using Ctrl A.
TimSim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 6:29am
To be fair, I believe the recent patch was to fix the VC views and not the autopilot . I am told a patch is forthcoming to fix the autopilot issues.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 4:13pm
We are currently working on an update for the autopilot and flight director.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
manderson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 8:40pm
Thanks for the clarification. Actually I could not find any information on what was included in the first patch but am comfortable that Just Flight will eventually be able to resolve.
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 12:06pm
Has there been any progress on the autopilot/FD update?

Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 3:06pm
Yes. The AP/FD in the 748 is very similar and suffered from the same issues so has effectively been a testbed during beta testing for the replacement in the 1-11. The good news being that it's working well so I don't suppose it'll be too long before the 1-11 get it's new AP.
BobKay View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 11:35am
That's good to hear.  My one-eleven has been sitting in the hangar since that first aborted tutorial flight.

TimSim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimSim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 11:10am
Same here. I polish the dust off it occasionally but its a hanger queen for now!
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 8:15pm
Are we waiting for Godot ?

I havent bought it yet but I´m waiting. I decided to wait (I have my reasons) and see and I´m glad I did so.
IMHO, one of the most important things in a sim like the 1-11 is the autopilot. Flying VOR/NDB with a Sperry autopilot in a jet is really fun and its what makes a sim like this different. So if the autopilot doesnt work the way it should and after having read this thread it seems to me like its very far from doing so, its a no buy for me which is sad and i dont get why its being released in such a poor shape.
Jetboy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by donnybalonny donnybalonny wrote:

Are we waiting for Godot ?

I havent bought it yet but I´m waiting. I decided to wait (I have my reasons) and see and I´m glad I did so.
IMHO, one of the most important things in a sim like the 1-11 is the autopilot. Flying VOR/NDB with a Sperry autopilot in a jet is really fun and its what makes a sim like this different. So if the autopilot doesnt work the way it should and after having read this thread it seems to me like its very far from doing so, its a no buy for me which is sad and i dont get why its being released in such a poor shape.

I agree 100% with you! 

Good and realistic representations of the Sperry A/P have been available in other payware and even freeware planes for a while. There's no excuse for this plane being released with such a major flaw. In the meantime I suggest everybody who's having issues with the autopilot, to use David Maltby's 1-11 Autopilot. It's working perfectly. 

Saludos / Best Regards
Pablo Gonzalez
ATPL - LJ-35 / FK-10 / A320 /A330 Type Rated
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Jetboy Jetboy wrote:

In the meantime I suggest everybody who's having issues with the autopilot, to use David Maltby's 1-11 Autopilot. It's working perfectly. 

How do you make the autopilot from another aircraft work in the JF BAE 1-11?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 10:03am
We have recoded the autopilot and flight director and are currently looking at other issues that have been identified. If the other issues will take a while to address then we'll look to release the new autopilot as an interim update.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
flugkapitan911 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flugkapitan911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 5:59pm
Martyn,

Thank you for the updated info.

Cheers,
Scott
"Now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"
Eddyectoplasm View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddyectoplasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 11:39pm
You should have read the rude, unpleasant, reply that I received from Just Flight Support having politely enquired about the autopilot issue!! Having spent a small fortune with them too. As you point out, this AP is mainly a JF creation and not authentic. The later models of the 1-11 were pretty recent aircraft, relatively speaking, and fitted with appropriate avionics.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:45pm
As Martyn mentions above there will be a new autopilot issued soon either separately or as part of a bigger update.

Regarding the reply from our support team that you mention, that doesn't sound like our support team to me, they're not known for being unpleasant and rude in fact quite the opposite, I'd like to take a look at the email if I may.  Could you send me the transcript by email to scott@justflight.com please?

Thank you
drmagnumwolf View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drmagnumwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

As Martyn mentions above there will be a new autopilot issued soon either separately or as part of a bigger update.

Regarding the reply from our support team that you mention, that doesn't sound like our support team to me, they're not known for being unpleasant and rude in fact quite the opposite, I'd like to take a look at the email if I may.  Could you send me the transcript by email to scott@justflight.com please?

Thank you

I found it weird too.Confused One of the reasons(one of many, in fact) I keep returning and buying stuff from Just Flight is due to the excellent costumer service. 
Gazguzzler View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazguzzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:05pm
Dear All,

If either the Master Autopilot Switch (#61) or the Autopilot Function Knob (#62) are set to anything but the 'off' position then I cannot set the mode switch on the Flight Director either (it just wont turn). 
Setting the FD mode switch to Hdg BEFORE turning on switch/dial #61 & #62 allows the a/p to work normally, for me at least..... Smile

Regards
Gary
Gary
manderson View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 10:08pm
I see my last comment in the forum was in early October, at which time it was acknowledged there was a problem. It is now nearly four months on and I do not see a correction yet. This is a long time to wait despite the product being still offered; presumably with the same deficiencies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic