This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flights Freeze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flights Freeze
    Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:01am
Every time now that I am flying I have to save mid-flight because the game freezes on me and I have to shut the computer down and restart it just to get back into the game. Does anybody else have this problem with their flight simulator freezing mid flight. Its frustrating, and its this bloody game not the computer so does anybody else have this problem and if they did how did they fix it?
I love playing the simulator but some time I really would love to tell Just flight what I really think of their game the flight plans don't work no matter what I do, after you compile the flight nothing not a thing, so I cant fill Perth or Honoulu Airport, I for some reason cant get any Qantas link Dashes to appear any where.
This game is so dam frustrating.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 7:54am
Difficult to respond without loads of further information.

Does FSX (I am assuming you are running FSX) work OK when in it's basic form? Has it ever done so? If not, you probably need to re-install as there will be some dodgy files.
You have added Traffic X or Traffic 360? What happens with the default AI BGL file?
You are adding some extra AI schedules - please describe EXACTLY how you are doing this. We all know that the supplied instructions leave a lot to be desired and loads of users have had trouble due to the unclear nature of the instructions.

With this extra info, we may be able to start to help.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:04am
I agree with Ray.  More information is required to help get to the bottom of what might be happening.

In addition to Ray's questions, here are a few more ...

·        What are your system specs?  Where is FSX installed (ie, is it in "C:\Program Files", or is it installed elsewhere)?

·        Do you think this could be a VAS memory or OOM issue (if you don't know what VAS or OOM is, then just respond "don't know")?  Are you getting any error messages or other potential warning messages or signs from FSX before it happens?

·        Did FSX ever work OK?  In other words, has it only just recently started freezing?  If it has only just recently started freezing, then "what changed"?  For example, perhaps you've been doing some tweaking, or maybe you just purchased and installed some new scenery or an aircraft?id FSX ever work OK?  In other words, has it only just recently started freezing?  If it has only just recently started freezing, then "what changed"?  For example, perhaps you've been doing some tweaking, or maybe you just purchased and installed some new scenery or an aircraft?

·        Can you describe what you mean by "freeze"?  Does it just stop and nothing happens?  Do the menus still work?  What happens if you WAIT for, say, 5 minutes or so (does it magically resume, all by itself)?  Or, does it simply crash to the desktop?

·        Does the freeze only occur when you click on a menu in FSX?  That could be an indication you need to modify a file called "uiautomation.dll".

·        As this is the Traffic X forum, we are assuming you are using Traffic X (please confirm).  Do you see any AI traffic at all?  Is it the FSX default AI traffic, or is it Traffic X traffic (ie, you see Qantas Link, Virgin and other liveries)?

·        When you are adding/editing flight plans to Perth and Honolulu etc, and then compiling, do you get any error messages?  As part of the compile process, do you see a black screen? (Yes, you are supposed to see a black screen.)  What does the LOG FILE say?

Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 7:09am
Hi Guys, yes it some times just stops running and you have to get out of the game to restart the whole flight again. The game has always worked however before the computer was playing up and I had to get a new and more powerful CPU put in, it improved the game a little bit but places like Heathrow and to a certain extent LAX its not a smooth run there? Some times if I click on a menu it just freezes and I have to start the game again or I get a black screen where you cant see anything no aircraft, no scenery what so ever, I can hear the game I got sound but no picture, so I have to get out of the game and start it up again. Yeas I am using Just Flight Traffic X I don't see the default AI Traffic I just see Traffic X (in the last day or so I am now seeing default traffic as well as every other airline in the world at an airport like Perth so I don't know what has happened there) As far as flight plans go I have never seen any of my flight plans work, yes I compile then I do see a black screen come up but no writing in there and I can t write any thing in there and that is after compiling they never show up ay Perth as I have tried to fill that airport up and also Honolulu and nothing. So in a nut shell that is how my Flight simulator is working and now I have British Airways dashs aircraft parking at Sydney and well as Untied Airlines and US air Prop liners parking at Sydney, Melbourne, Perth so I don't know what has happened there.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 7:12am
I had no trouble filling Honolulu with planes using Traffic X. Make sure you compile the flights after creating them.
johnep
johnep
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 7:14am
I had no trouble filling Honolulu with planes using Traffic X. Make sure you compile the flights properly after creating them.
johnep
johnep
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:53am
Darren,

FSX problems following Menu picks have, in the past, been put down to problems with a file "UIAutomationCore.dll" (or something like that).
It could be worth doing a search for forum comments on this subject.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 11:33am
Thanks .Ray M, I did a reinstall of traffic X I am still getting aircraft parking every where and a lot of these European carriers taking up all the gates in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, I don't know what has happened and I am struggling to find a way to fix it.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:08am
Hey Guys game still freezes and I have to turn the whole game of and start again even if I press Control Alt Delete it wont do any ting I have to shut the whole computer down and restart every thing. As far as plans go every thing I have created is working and I love creating flights and filling up airports but yes the game still freezes on me mainly if I am doing Melbourne to Adelaide and vise versa and Perth To Adelaide    
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 4:53pm
Hi Darren

sorry to hear that you are still having the 'freeze' problem.
Is it now limited to flights near to Adelaide or does it happen 'on the other side of the world' as well?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:08am
Its starting to happen in Europe, America, I don't know if its a bad file or what, it use to run well and now its starting to freeze a lot now just cant enjoy the game at all and belive me I am trying so hard not to lose my cool at the computer and this game but its getting hard. I guess I am just having a rant now but yeah its just so ^^^^ing frustrating.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic