This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Landing light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Landing light
    Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 4:14pm
In FSX, the landing light is extremely dim during the day, so dim that when I'm flying around I can't see it at all unless the view is inches in front of it. I'd expect/like to see it more like this:
Does anyone know a way I can brighten it up?? Apparently it uses the default landing light effect which I don't understand as every other default aircraft's is much brighter and visible.

Thanks, Dan
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 7:45am
Hi,
It doesn't use the default effect, but you can adjust it manually. 
If you locate this file: \SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Hawk_T1\texture\Hawk_extlight_T.dds you can adjust the brightness of the file to make it brighter in the sim. 
You might need something like DXTbmp if you aren't currently setup for editing .dds files. 
Also it is worth noting that if you increase the brightness for the daytime, you'll probably find that at night it becomes burningly bright, so it's a balancing act. 
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:19am
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,
If you locate this file: \SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Hawk_T1\texture\Hawk_extlight_T.dds you can adjust the brightness of the file to make it brighter in the sim. 
You might need something like DXTbmp if you aren't currently setup for editing .dds files. 
Also it is worth noting that if you increase the brightness for the daytime, you'll probably find that at night it becomes burningly bright, so it's a balancing act. 

Thanks for that, Rich. I also have that problem.

Would this work for the Nav lights also ?

I was also thinking of adding smoke - but I was waiting to see if anyone else had tried it....Big smile

It is such a beautiful aircraft I thought I'd wait a while before fiddling...

I did try the Simflight Hawk files - but unfortunately they didn't work. I suspect that more and more
of these relatively complex aircraft are including these 'variables' in the MDL file and not the Aircraft cfg file.

Pity really -  I'd love to be able to edit the MDL - but just for my own use.

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 7:27am
I have added smoke to mine using a smoke control, limited to throttle percentage.I also painted over the Hawk_extlight_T.dds file all white and added in a 3D lighting system to the noselight as well as the landing light on the nosewheel strut.
HotelZulu
Speedstar View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:32pm
HOTZONER: How did you add the 3D lighting system to the front?

Thanks,
Dan
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 5:11pm
@ Speedstar I have the paywear Shockwave 3D lighting system, It took a while, trial and error to get the correct x,y,z co-ordinates right (in the lights section of the aircraft.cfg file).
HotelZulu
Speedstar View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 6:37pm
Got it all sorted now.

Regards,
Dan
Morti View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,

Any chance anyone can send me t his fix please

I'm unable to use dxtbmp at my current location.

Pm for my email. Thanka
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic