This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PMDG planes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff senior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PMDG planes
    Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:57pm
Hi
I run FSX on a 64bit computer with i7 2600,CPU @3.40ghz 3401mhz, 4core(s), 8 Log pro
Ram 16ghz, System x64 bases PC. and AMD HD6900 series .0 Graphics Card. running 3 monitors.

I have no problems with anything exept PMDG planes, I have both MD11X and 747Queen of the skies.
If I make either of them the first flight I am OK, but if I have to start the flight again then I get the
mouse pointer and the loading circle flashing on top of each other and the frame rates go from mid
twenties and above to mid tens!!  I have nothing like this with any of my other aircraft and it is 
really a nuisance to me. 

I have put this problem on the forum before but with no positive answer, IS THERE ANYONE OUT 
THERE WITH MORE EXPERTISE THAN I WHO CAN HELP ME!!!!!!  Why only PMDG?????
Geoff Senior

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 2:08pm
Which version of Windows?

I had this all the time on Win7/8, don't get it now with Win 10 and FSX:SE.

It's not related to PMDG - I used to get it all the time with even default aircraft, any time I opened a 2d cockpit, it'd happen.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
geoff senior View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff senior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 6:57pm
Thanks for your reply, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and do not have this problem with 
any other aircraft but the PMDG ones that I mentioned, I always fly in virtual cockpit.
Regards Geoff.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 6:59pm
Well, I can only tell you that it happened to me on most aircraft, as soon as I popped up a 2d window beyond the GPS/Instrument stack.  Something like Shift-1 would make it happen every time.

Win 10/FSX:SE doesn't exhibit the problem - I had it consistently with Windows 7 and 8.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
AndyUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by geoff senior geoff senior wrote:

Hi
I run FSX on a 64bit computer with i7 2600,CPU @3.40ghz 3401mhz, 4core(s), 8 Log pro
Ram 16ghz, System x64 bases PC. and AMD HD6900 series .0 Graphics Card. running 3 monitors.

I have no problems with anything exept PMDG planes, I have both MD11X and 747Queen of the skies.
If I make either of them the first flight I am OK, but if I have to start the flight again then I get the
mouse pointer and the loading circle flashing on top of each other and the frame rates go from mid
twenties and above to mid tens!!....

I think PMDG advise against loading a PMDG aircraft straight after loading a PMDG aircraft which seems to be what you're doing when you get the problem. Have you tried loading a default aircraft like the Cessna 172 before starting the PMDG flight again?

I've not run into this problem, or at least I can't remember seeing it but I may not have tried to do what you do. I'm using Win7 64 bit with an i5-2500K and Nvidia GTX770.

Andy L
geoff senior View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoff senior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 1:44pm
Thanks Andy
I will try your suggestion, it is as though the computer is still trying to load something whilst
running the program, I am fed up with it!
Regards Geoff.
bigfatron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by AndyUK AndyUK wrote:

I think PMDG advise against loading a PMDG aircraft straight after loading a PMDG aircraft which seems to be what you're doing when you get the problem

This is what I was thinking when I first read the original post. I have heard also of having anything "heavyweight" as your default flight causing problems too.   I just tend to leave my setup on one of the default MS aircraft and its usually fine for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic