This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some SP1 notes and questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some SP1 notes and questions
    Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 5:29pm
First, thanks for releasing the Hawk SP1.

During the install process I encountered some minor issues and had some questions.

On my first install attempt I did a complete uninstall and reinstall. After checking my work (using a 3d party app.), I encountered duplicate entries. At first I thought it might be due to the additional texture packages, so I went through a complete uninstall of the two texture packages and the SP1.

On my second install attempt I did a full uninstall and reinstall of SP1 and the addon textures. I still encountered the duplicate entries. It appears that the entire context of the aircraft.cfg is duplicated within the file (and within the aircraft_standard.cfg). If you do a search for the [[gpws] section you will note that [fltsim.0] and other sections are repeated. After removing the duplicate sections, all is well.

Which leads me to my question. What is the best procedure for installing SP1 if you already have the two texture packs installed? And how best to handle addon textures with the additional cfg files (standard and Xstable?

--WH
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 6:12pm
Hi,
Just spotted the duplicate entries. I'm removing them now and will issue a new build later on. 

You can remove the main installer and leave the livery packs in place. Whenever you make any changes to livery files or swap in a different aircraft.cfg, just run the cfggen.exe in the root folder and it will rebuild the fltsim entries automatically for you. 

Thanks
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 3:30pm
Thanks, Rich.

Can you explain a little more how the config and failure apps affect or change the aircraft.cfg [fltsim] entries?

Yesterday, I was checking out my config and failure settings to see if they might be affecting my ILS/Tacan readouts. I did activate then deactivated the Failures, but left everything disabled as before. This morning I went to do a test flight, and discovered that the entire aircraft.cfg had been replaced and all the addon textures were removed. Fortunately, I had a backup but it took me a while to figure out what happened. I would think that anytime I changed the flight model, it would change the [fltsim] entries but I didn't think that would happen with setting the failures.

Anyways, things are back to normal for the moment. Still trying to figure out why the Tacan and ILS don't function as expected, but at least I have all my textures back.

--WH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic