This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A wee bit of a scare..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A wee bit of a scare..
    Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 7:52pm
This morning as I went to take the Hawk up for a flight, I encountered a problem.

Typically, I use the shortcut for a quick engine start. Today I didn't get any start and couldn't figure out why. I ended up doing a uninstall and total reinstall, and encountered the same problem.

Eventually I was able to get the Hawk into the air, but that was only after loading and starting the JF Canberra, then switching over to the Hawk.

I did my typical short flight from my home field to Boeing Field to practice an ILS approach. And I could not get either an ILS or a Tacan reading. The weird thing is that I've been able to do this in past flights, but not the most recent flights.

What scared me was that I spent most of the morning doing a uninstall and reinstall of FS9 which inadvertently removed a couple FSX files (long story). My Hawk flight today was to test FSX integrity, so when I couldn't fire up the aircraft I wasn't sure of the cause. My guess is that its related to the ongoing gauge issue, and not FSX itself.

It seems that these problems are at random - despite having all failures turned off and frequency at 0. I hope that the upcoming SP will resolve these issues.

--WH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic