This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

about JF and their failed Hawk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Burnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:47pm
Thanks Slopey. Yes I realise the CPU is not the best. At work I have a FX6300 with an Asrock motherboard with a 970 chipset. That seems to run Photoshop faster than this one at home. So I think I have some tweaking to do on the Gigabyte motherboard. Hopefully one day a new Flight Simulator will come out that will take full advatage of multi core processors. I have been experimenting with affinity settings and certainly switching FSX from core 0 to other cores helps.
The Hawk will just have to stay grounded for the time being. Back to whizzing around the skies in the good old F104!
mkjordan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkjordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Pete Burnup Pete Burnup wrote:

As regards the comments above about the airbrake. As far as I am aware the Red Arrows fly at times with the airbrake extended so as to maintain a higher throttle setting. There is therefore an instant power increase when the airbrake retracts instead of waiting for the engine to increase rpm for more thrust.

Hi Pete Burnup,
You may be right about why the Red Arrows use their Airbrakes so often during level flight. I often used Airbrakes with the Tiger with the Pattouille Suisse addon after reading somewhere that it helps  formation flying & found it to be the best way to keep in formation with those guys.
That together with seeing how often the Red Arrows use airbrakes is how I came to use airbrakes with the JF Hawk & it is noticable that it is more stable with high thrust at lower speeds.
Is that a bug? only a real Hawk Pilot can tell us.

I don't fight my controls with the Hawk even without airbrakes, so I think those who do need to look at their hardware settings, I also use a trim wheel.

For those out there reading other posts I do have good knowledge of basic flight, I wouldn't dream of using airbrakes in this way with an airliner or other types of aircraft, but I see the top Pilots of the RAF using airbrakes in this way with the Hawk.

Not all Trainers are stable, the T38 is very chalenging.

I hope you get your framerate problem sorted, I find the JF Hawk very framerate friendly, it is the only fast jet I can fly through Snowdonia at low level & have the photo scenery come with me Smile

M. Jordan
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 8:01am
Pete please check that your FSX is NOT running in compatabilty mode, that was the cure for my poor frame rates.
paul
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:47am
I have not purchased this a/c yet but I am intrigued to know if anyone who is trying it out has also tried the freeware T-45C Goshawk for Flight Simulator X: Acceleration - V2.01 By Dino Cattaneo.

If so, how does the handling compare?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 5:23pm
Dino's T45 is excellent for freeware, it has very good documentation and it handles very well, but I can't say how realistic it is. The cockpit is, of course, very different and the start up procedure is much simplified. At the current state of play I much prefer the T45, but I am sure that a properly working JF Hawk would be better, as payware should be.
I suspect that the T45 is a bit too easy to fly and the ideal flight performance would lie somewhere between the two.

WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 6:33pm
I have all the Hawks from JF, Skysim and Dino as well as from DSB for my FS9 install. They are all different.

The Skysim version comes closest to the JF version in that there are a lot of external stores and other animations. Models, cockpit, sounds and textures are good, and there are a lot of freeware addon paints available. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.

The JF version is more detailed in systems. And for now the only repaints are with the two addon payware packages. Definitely more challenging to fly despite some of the quirky behavior.

What concerns me the most is the process by which this Hawk was developed and released. How much actual testing was done by the Beta Team and on what kind of platforms in light of the fact that the rest of us are having issues with flight stability? My specific issue is navigation avionics, or in other words did anyone actually test these gauges? I'm surprised that the JF Hawk was released with all these issues, and the long wait we're experiencing to get these issues corrected.

Luckily, I have other things to keep me entertained while we wait for the Service Pack.

--WH
Pete Burnup View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Burnup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 7:30pm
Thanks MJ and Paul for the replies. I will be testing the hawk on various settings to see if I can improve things.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 10:41am
Hawk SP1 is currently undergoing final testing so it shouldn't be long now. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
pip123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pip123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 6:50pm
Sorry that you are not happy with the hawk.
I have just purchased, downloaded, had a test flight. And I am delighted with the performance of this aircraft. Its early days yet, but I am impressed, its a pleasure and a challenge to fly.
Yet another gem from JF !
Propeller head.
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 7:19am
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

The only real problem with this Hawk is that it isn't fun to fly.
It's very nice to look at and that's all.
On the realism side, every air base has its "hanger queen".

I disagree. I'm having a ball with this bird.Clap

OK, I can't wait for the FDE update, but every 'busy' aircraft has its problems at first. If you follow the correct startup, and use the 'less sensitive' settings, it flies like, well, what I imagine how a Hawk flies...

I'm using CH pedals & the T16000. I have my stick sensitivity at about 20%, which is best for my rig.

I fly between EGOW and RAF Valley along the NW coast, with no problems. As long as you are careful on lift-off it's great. It is rapidly becoming my hangar favourite.

Regards
Bill
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 8:02am
Hopefully the update will be launching later. Not long too wait now.
snoopy1951 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 8:50pm
Hi now the Hawk flies just like a dream,(with the SP) have just be flying a trip around in Denmark, I am planning a trip later to try to fly around the World (in steps) in my Hawk.
I havenĀ“t been able to find out about the RAF Hawk can use ext. fuel tanks, but if it can, I have a suggestion for a later update:
maybe it could be possible to have the opportunity to chose external fueltanks? just like with the armament.
Finally good job Just Flight have done now
Snoopy1951
a happy Danish FSX flightsimmer
RED|Bishop View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED|Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 9:32am
I fly with the VRA in DCS, and I can tell you the only reason the real Reds use the boards in level flight is so they can use a higher throttle setting to increase the density of the smoke nothing to do with stability.
Obviously they are used in the decent from loops to control the speed.

I love this Hawk. FSX user should think themselves lucky I bought the VEAO Hawk well over a year ago and it still isn't the finished article, that is why I bought the JustFlight hawk so I cant actually fly this wonderful aircraft.

Regards
REDA|Bishop 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic