This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auto Pilot Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto Pilot Question
    Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 10:21pm
Nice plane, thank you.Smile

I've entered a "direct-to" flight into the GNS430. But the autopilot doesn't fly the direct-to course or a imported flightplan. The NAV key is pressed. It is only possible to fly a course by setting the HDG bug in the HSI and activating the HDG key. Is this correct?

Happy Landings, Michael
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 10:46pm
I dont have it but is there a nav/gps switch? If so, that has to be set to gps.

Does the hsi show any deviation? If no, you're in nav/vor/ils mode.
MikeFlight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 11:10pm
Yes, there is a nav/gps switch. And of course I've set it to gps.
When I create and activate a direct-to flight in the GNS430 the HSI shows no reaction. The autopilot is activated and the NAV key selected.

In other aircrafts it works in this combination. Why not here? Where is the trick?
Happy Landings, Michael
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 9:08am
Only the dev will know for sure but some APs require you to intercept the magenta line yourself, the old stec ones require you to intercept at ten degrees or less.
It might be worth flipping the GPS/nav switch a couple of times too in case it's set to nav but the switch shows GPS.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 1:44pm
Hi Michael. 

We have updated the HSI so it now reacts to GPS inputs from the GNS 430.

With regards to the autopilot not following the GPS flight plan, do you have the Flight 1 GTN installed?

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 3:25pm
Thank you Martyn.

No, I don't have installed the GTN. For now I only used the GNS430. But I'm waiting for the opportunity to install the F1 GTN750.

Do I need to reload the installer from my account after your updating the HSI?
Happy Landings, Michael
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 3:34pm
Yes, you'll need to download the latest installer from your account. Uninstall the existing version and then install the new version.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 4:37pm
Thank you, Martyn. I've now installed the latest version.

GNS430 and HSI are now working well together. But the autopilot KP150 still does not work. The airplane flies toward somewhere else. At the KP150 the NAV key ist pressed and the GPS/NAV switch is set to GPS.

Sorry, but I will remove the plane again and had the 29 EUR spent for nothing.
Happy Landings, Michael
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 5:25pm
Hi Michael. Please submit a support ticket and we can look into what could be causing the issue - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Although we can't reproduce the issue here, it should be relatively simple to resolve.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 10:40am
Just a thought, have you double checked the gyro drift? This happens with the a2a aircraft if you don't reset the gyro drift button at the start of the flight. You hit nav and it then flies away from the flight plan.

Check that north on the GPS is aligned with north in the hsi. If not, press the gyro reset button.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 2:53pm
Where to be this gyro reset button? At the HSI there are two buttons, you can only rotate them, not to press! No matter what is set, when the AP is active, the NAV key and the GPS/NAV switcher is set to GPS - the autopilot controls the aircraft only to north.

Let it be, I no longer use this airplane. I'm now enyoing the TB-21 Trinidad from LHC.WinkBig smile
Happy Landings, Michael
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 7:39am
Pressing the 'D' key should reset any drift automatically. That is the default FSX key command. 

We are looking into the autopilot issues that you have reported.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 3:05pm
Interesting how some people are unable to fly a plane without the autopilot.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 3:35pm
Yes, and the number of crashes which have resulted. Air France, Lima etc.
johnep
johnep
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by thefrog thefrog wrote:

Interesting how some people are unable to fly a plane without the autopilot.

Pedantically, the point is more that they aren't able to fly one with it..? Wink
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 11:44am
It's all right now with the SP2. Autopilot and HSI work as they should.
Happy Landings, Michael
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 12:50pm
Thanks for the confirmation Thumbs Up
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic