This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft not visible, no support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft not visible, no support
    Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 1:49pm
Hi there,

I was really looking forward to this plane and bought it the minute the news of release was published. After installing in P3Dv3 no plane is visible ingame. Only the pilot figure. Although I immediately submitted a supportticket to JF and I am aware of the policies I find this way of dealing with things highly dissapointing. You release on friday,vthan please also deal with support issues in the weekend. Try to solve it. In my opinion this is for me a big deal breaker.
Rob de Vries
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 4:01pm
Sorry to diappoint Rob. I've been replying here (take a look at the other threads here)  and other forums since last night despite being away on holiday. Unfortunately I only have Internet access via my mobile phone so I'm quite limited in what I can achieve. Our intention was to release on Thursday but we wanted to address a couple of minor issues before release. 

If the problem you are encountering wasn't resolved by reinstalling the product, then unfortunately you will need to wait for the support team to assist you as there is no quick answer that I can provide. They are able to offer limited customer service over the weekend but we will be back to full strength on Monday morning. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:44pm
Just Flight is not a multinational corp with bottomless pockets. They give their staff the weekend off. Expect a reply next week.
johnep 
johnep
RobdeVries View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 2:51pm
Yeah that's what I mean. Even one man shows are able to provide support instead of this bureaucratic BS.
Rob de Vries
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 3:22pm
Just Flight often releases late on a Friday. I don't begrudge anyone having the weekend off but it is annoying when you part with your cash, get something that doesn't work and then have to wait two or three days for help. They should release earlier in the week.
I really like Just Flight but after recent experiences I have learned not to buy until these forums say that a new product is okay. I look forward to to an aircraft being released and I am very tempted to buy as soon as possible, but I find buying a defective product to be far more frustrating that waiting just a little longer.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 3:32pm
Agreed! And what's worst that Martyn seems to be able to respond to favorable forum posts in SOH, AirdailyX etc. But not on his own forum. Come on guys...
Rob de Vries
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 4:01pm
Sorry to diappoint Rob. I've been replying here (take a look at the other threads here)  and other forums since last night despite being away on holiday. Unfortunately I only have Internet access via my mobile phone so I'm quite limited in what I can achieve. Our intention was to release on Thursday but we wanted to address a couple of minor issues before release. 

If the problem you are encountering wasn't resolved by reinstalling the product, then unfortunately you will need to wait for the support team to assist you as there is no quick answer that I can provide. They are able to offer limited customer service over the weekend but we will be back to full strength on Monday morning. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 4:08pm
Well I stand corrected than....
Rob de Vries
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:12pm
I've come to think of it..

"Accidently" I reinstalled a A2A aircraft and noticed that all was broke and could not be repaired. A quick glance in the A2A FAQ learned that:

Quote P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2/3 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib (replacing 2 with 3 if using P3DV3).

So I reinstalled the required simconnect files, and lo and behold the A2A aircraft, worked, and the JF TB10/TB20 works....so it might has to do something with simconnect(?)
Rob de Vries
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:15pm
Hi Rob. The product uses SimConnect heavily so that makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.

Can anyone encountering issues with the aircraft in FSX:SE or P3D please install the legacy SimConnect (http://www.justflight.com/support/flight-simulator-x-steam-edition/384bffb)
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 2:27pm
We've updated the installer so it will now install the legacy SimConnect module. You can download the latest version of the installer from your account.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobdeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 5:46pm
That's good to hear! Now the GTN750 integration and some work on the TB10 and it's perfect!
Rob de Vries
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic