This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disappointed
    Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 8:41pm
The middle of last week we was promised a patch/SP buy the end of the week/start of this week.

This week is now over and no sign of a patch/SP! And all I see is its being worked on! I had high hopes of the Hawk T1, but it's been a flop in my eyes, looks good but that's about it.

It's sure the last JF plane I buy, and the only people to blame for that is yourself JF. I guess many others will be wary of buying your products in the future!
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 2:04pm
I am a long time fan of Just Flight. I have many of their titles and I often buy third party products from them. However this one has made me think again about rushing to buy new products from them. I am not going to take my custom elsewhere, I want a working Hawk, I want a good Meteor, a One-Eleven and HS 748, but I'll be taking my time to buy in future and reading the Forum before I part with my cash. This product was nowhere near ready for release and should have been held back or released as a public beta.
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 3:38pm
I'm more frustrated than disappointed.

I like the Hawk. Right after purchase I picked up the additional livery packages. It has an excellent exterior model, sounds, animations, and cockpit. The flight model is not as I expected, but I was able to get it under control with some mods to the aircraft.cfg. The biggest issue I have are some of the avionics in that trying to use the Tacan or ILS gives me inconsistent results - one time it works, next time it doesn't.

I get the distinct impression that JF has too many projects in the works and is encountering difficulty in getting them completed. Not only are we waiting for the Hawk SP, but other upcoming releases and patches.

The minimal communication on project status just adds to that perception. If there are problems with beta testing the SP, take a few seconds, post a message and let us know. We'll understand.

Just my two cents worth.

--WH
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 8:21am
Hi all,

The service pack is coming just as soon as we possibly can. Unfortunately our developer had a PC go bang shortly after release with has delayed the FDE replacement somewhat. However, as of this weekend we are back up and running and should have an update for you shortly. 
Apologies for the delay, it shouldn't be too much longer now. 

WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 1:56pm
Thanks, Rich.

The status update is greatly appreciated.

--WH
Speedstar View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 4:25pm
Rich,

I appreciate its out when its out, but I just wondered roughly speaking whether we can expect the service pack within the next week or do you envisage this to be too soon?

Thanks,
Dan
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 5:14pm
Hi Dan. Rich is currently away but work has been progressing well on the new FDE and we'd certainly hope to release it within the next week.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Dan. Rich is currently away but work has been progressing well on the new FDE and we'd certainly hope to release it within the next week.

Thanks Martyn, im a relative newcomer to JF internal projects until the hawk and socata..
Appreciate the active engagement with customers and the honest feedback, feels good!
Cheers K
Ripcord View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ripcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by kevinfirth kevinfirth wrote:

Appreciate the active engagement with customers and the honest feedback, feels good!
Cheers K

+1 here.

All you can do is what you can do. Thanks for the effort to get it right. Like Kevin, I also appreciate you keeping us informed on the progress in the meantime (within reason). Thanks guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic