This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Boxed version of FSX will not install on a windows
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boxed version of FSX will not install on a windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blindpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boxed version of FSX will not install on a windows
    Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 6:35pm
Hello to all from the Blind Pilot.
Is anyone else having this weird frustrating issue?
I have my trusty boxed version of FSX which the fsx accelerator program came with it.
But I go to install FSX on a windows ten anniversary pc and I receive error messages left and right.
Now, how can a blind person use FSX?
This is a valid question to ask and a easier question to answer.
We use the following three programs that work hand in hand together.
1. FSX and the fsx accelerator programs.
2. a bridge of a program called FSUIPC.
3. for Blind Pilots everywhere, we use the voice input program from Canada called It's Your Plane or IYP for short.
Their web address is as follows:
www.itsyourplane.com
Check out their you tube videos on how a blind person do fly civilian aircraft.
I'm waiting until FSX will give us access to the Dassault Falcon 8X over the current Dassault Falcon 7X.
The DF8X flies 500 miles further than the df7x.
2. The DF8X fuel is 35 percent more efficient.
So, if anyone would know how we can get fsx to load on a pc running not just win 10, but win 10 anniversary, since it is the latest version of windows.
I would deeply appreciate it.
Many Thanks.
Ron Kolesar AKA The Blind Pilot
mickrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 6:02am
Hi Ron
My advice to you sir is to submit this request to more forums. There is a work around but I can't remember what it is
All the best Mike.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:00am
You could try copying the FSX install disks either onto a spare hard disk drive or onto another DVD. Then try installing from the new source.

I have had problems installing in the past and have copied the disks as I describe above and can now install without problems. I cannot explain why this works but, in my case, it did the trick.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic