This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Plans & ATC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Plans & ATC
    Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:45am
hi guys,

dont know if this has been covered but i have a small problem, i use PFPX as a flight planner as it helps me with the FMC on the PMDG 737(which is awesome btw), i can import the flight plan. but i havent been able to find a 3rd party ATC to use to make it more realistic so i use the FSX generic one. only problem is unless i painstakingly imput all the vor's etc it will fly a direct route, which is not what happens in reality and it then cancels the atc in fsx if you ignore it. So how do i incorporate the imported flightplan from PFPX which PMDG 737 uses, to talk to AH2 ?. i hope you can make out what im trying to do ? im sure someone will point me in the right direction 

regards
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 7:27am
You can export/save the flight plan from PFPX not only in PMDG format, but additionally in FSX format.
If you load this FSX flight plan into FSX, the built-in ATC will know it.
And if you load this FSX flight plan into e.g. PF3 ATC, then it will know it.

Key point here is: Different programs (PMDG aircraft and whatever you use for ATC) have to load the flight plan separately. Some programs can load the flight plan directly from FSX though, e.g. ASNext and I assume AS16, too.

Just like in the real world: Just by programming it into your FMC, you still have not filed a flight plan with ATC.
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 9:57am
Pro atc works with PFPX perfectly. It also has a great moving map.

AH2 doesn't show the flight plan so nothing needs to be imported, it only cares that you've landed at the correct airport.
TruckerPaul54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 3:37pm
hmm so what ATC do you guys recommend i read about Pro ATC X but some people say its just a route planner, doesnt talk to you as regards landing and taking off etc ? or are they wrong ? £40 a bit steep to find out all it does is really plan i have a route planner PFPX which is good and i know how to export the plans to pmdg but the generic ATC in FSX doesnt read or understand the plan i feel because it always takes me off course and then it cancels the flight plan so i just use the imported flight plan from pfpx, but i wanted a bit more realism.

regards
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 10:55pm
Pro atc gives you the star, sid and transition. It also keeps to the altitude restraints and uses airac data.

I think it's the best atc but there's pros and cons to each one.
A good pro is it supports alternates which AH2 will support, so you can ask to go to another airport if you're unable to land at the destination. Another pro is that it uses all runways which the default atc doesn't do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic