This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 in P3dv3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 in P3dv3?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 10:02am
Hi,

has anyone any knowledge if Traffic 360 can be installed and run in P3d v3?

If so, are there any edits to the cfg. file etc?

I am searching around for a decent AI traffic add on for P3d v3, but so far the other programs require some precise edits before they will work? If they work at all?

Regards
David

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 8:27am
Traffic 360 isn't officially P3Dv3 compatible and as yet hasn't been updated to make it so, so we're not too sure if it'll work. I believe it's one we've considered updating, so work may be progressing on this.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by SimUK SimUK wrote:

Traffic 360 isn't officially P3Dv3 compatible and as yet hasn't been updated to make it so, so we're not too sure if it'll work. I believe it's one we've considered updating, so work may be progressing on this.

If you do update it, I am sure you will have customers!

I have been perusing the forums and MT6a or UT2 appear to be the ones sparring for sales.

UT2 requires editing the P3d.exe and a couple of other files to get it to load, there are extensive instructions how to do this, but a custom install that requires tricking the program that its installing into FSX and not P3d.

MT6a is P3dv3 installable, but the models appear somewhat dated?

I have an old CD with Traffic in it. I was contemplating having a go at installing that with a pseudo FSX/P3d install.

Hopefully your 360 program will get a full P3d installer.....:-) There is an interest in Traffic AI, since the native P3D AI is woeful!

Best Regards
David

You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 9:22am
It would be nice to be able to install Traffic360 into v3 (or 4 soon?) natively please, rather than having to use a migration tool :(

I've just come to try to install my 360 on P3D v3.4.9 and it won't have any of it...  Somewhere in the dim and distant past I did have the Estonia migration tool installed and IIRC it did seem to shoehorn into P3D v3 using that, but I'd rather not have to use it.

If you do an update I'd stay with 360, but if not I'll be looking elsewhere for a traffic solution.

Cheers K

Shocking lack of knowledge here on my part I know (:p) but maybe someone could give me a bit of info on the components and install folder locations for 360 so I can mess with it in its current format without recourse to EMT? :p
ifeliciano View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifeliciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:00pm
I have it running on P3D. The installer has been updated for Prepar3D.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:46pm
I have the traffic 360 upgrade from TrafficX boxed and it wont let me install to P3D ? I'll have to check again...
ifeliciano View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ifeliciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 5:17pm
Kevin,

Mine is the digital download copy. My apologies for not making that clear in my previous post.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 10:44pm
Just to update despite trying to prevent me installing in P3D3 I just installed to the sim root dir and it seems to be doing its thing :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic