This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS748 in development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 8:50pm
Hi Delta
Thanks for the video.
Your video clips illustrates exactly what I was stating in my post. A slow "spool up"
This is typical of a Dart engine. 
Snave however is  is correct, these engines could not start from a feathered position like the modern turbines eg King Air's, ATR's , Beech 1900's, Bombardiers etc.
Research on aircraft characteristics before being launched by Just Flight to the public is unfortunately not up to standard for the serious "flight simmer".
Regards

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:20pm
Exactly.

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:32pm
Basically,

they've modelled a PT6
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:45pm
Well, now I wonder what else is incorrect? And why hasn't that been picked up for the F27, assuming it used the same defective engine modelling?
Is the WM injection working?
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 10:53pm
Just looked at the video again, and that starts in GF, but ends feathered at about 2:40. 

Yet the stopped prop is in GF... Exclamation

CXA001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CXA001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 1:00am
In the list of features for this aircraft it indicates there is a Paint Kit for it. Where is the paint kit located or where can I download it?

Regards,

Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 7:52am
The props do indeed spool up a lot faster than I thought (based on the link to that YouTube real world video clip), but it is more the smooth increase (and decrease during shutdown) that I am looking for. Hopefully, that has been adjusted since I watched the "in development" video.
peterchambers View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peterchambers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 10:19am
I have only read negative comments on the HS748. I used to fly PMDG and similar and would take an hour to get off the ground. I have returned to older aircraft that do not have an FMC etc. as I now prefer archaic navigation and autopilots.

For me this offering is absolutely fine. I have not flown it enough to discover any faults yet. The VC may not be photographic but it is very clear and functional.

I would have thought that ordinary simmer who likes vintage craft would find this a worthy purchase.

Best wishes, Peter
Peter
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 12:13pm
Agree. When judged against the price, the level of simulation is perfectly acceptable. I am happy with this aircraft as it is. Yes, the start sequence isn't quite right and, hopefully, will be improved, but I'm not letting that detract from an otherwise fine simulation.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

Agree. When judged against the price, the level of simulation is perfectly acceptable. I am happy with this aircraft as it is. Yes, the start sequence isn't quite right and, hopefully, will be improved, but I'm not letting that detract from an otherwise fine simulation.

Thanks for the comments, appreciated.
PTPhreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTPhreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 2:59pm
I also find it very good overall, im happy to have a finaly have a HS748 that works in dx10!

One thing I noticed that is incorrect is that it should be a big change of the noise when going from take off thrust to climb power, there is a lot of videos on youtube to see this, aprox at 400ft the normal procedure is to reduce to climb power, and it always result in a big change of the massive bass tone from the dart engines.
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:33pm
I still think that an option should be available for 2d windows.
tony
FV
dbcooper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbcooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 6:05am
Originally posted by CXA001 CXA001 wrote:

In the list of features for this aircraft it indicates there is a Paint Kit for it. Where is the paint kit located or where can I download it?

Regards,

The paint kit is on the support page... http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748
Lewicide View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewicide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 7:08am
Just wondering when it will get it's own sub-forum ?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 9:17am
Snave - Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into the issue.

Lewicide - I've created a HS 748 forum and moved this thread into it. As I mentioned earlier, please remember this isn't a support forum so any bug reports should be submitted to the support team via our website.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
thorsten42 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thorsten42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 10:12am
Hi,

I'm a big fan of the 748 and spent a lot of hours in the old free version. Overall I like the new JustFlight rendition a lot but there are some issues for a sp that I found after the first test flights...

- weird shadows on the outside plane fuselage
- night lighting for comms broken, roof panel light seems to be a little agressive and changes textures heavily even on daylight with disappearing numbers
- black hole in the comms section should be closed, but only aesthetically issue
- on the lower pedestal you use normal rocker switches for the relight but visually placed over the big holes like for the aux pump for example (aesthetic one again)  
- night and especially red cockpit lighting bleeds through on external model heavily and creates weird outside lighting
- feather pump switches behave not ok. Left does nothing, right coupled for both engines
- the prop animation is better than in the dev videos but as discussed allready it should be a little bit smoother and overall faster. The Fokker spools up nicer (but a little too fast)
- APU does no sound
- Groundsupply does no sound (on Fokker its fine I think)

Are some of the issues on the list allready or should I open tickets for them? More input/screenshots needed?

FDE seems to be ok but I'm no real world pilot. Paintkit available now. Will check that later ;)

Regarding price and what you get for it I think its ok and fair. But even for the given price I would expect a little bit more functionality in the year 2016. Not a full failure model but the darts scream for a basic understanding and correct treatment. And I remember a big chart for correct fuel trim regarding temp and alt. Spill valves set correctly? Some basic stuff like that. Some more little deepth would be really appreciated. Perhaps a Pro extension? Fokker 27 and the HS 748 are wonderful planes for the occasional simmer and short hops and would really benefit from a little more depth. No a2a or pmdg but take realair or aeosoft on the dukes and twotter. At least follow the basic steps and watch the numbers otherwise engine dies.

Cheers and Thanks
Thorsten
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:14pm
Hi Thorsten,

I'm not sure if they have already been reported to the support team but I'll log those issues and your feedback.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
thorsten42 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thorsten42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

I'm not sure if they have already been reported to the support team but I'll log those issues and your feedback.

Thanks
Martyn

Perfect thanks Martyn. If you need further info or screenshots just drop me a line. Back to painting and flying this beauty ;)

Cheers
Thorsten
dbcooper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbcooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 9:21pm
Any of you repainters want to try an Air Inuit livery?

CXA001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CXA001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 2:15am
Originally posted by dbcooper dbcooper wrote:

Originally posted by CXA001 CXA001 wrote:

Regards,

The paint kit is on the support page... http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748

Found an issue with the paint kit in particular FuseA_T.psd:
1. The Misc Weathering layer is blank.
2. The Main Color layer is not the same color as the Main Color in FuseB_T.psd (This is enough to fix).
3. Missing Wear & Tear layer that seems to merged into the Details layer.

Regards,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic