This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS748 in development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:37am
Hi Marc. I've reported the issues to the paint kit creator.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:48am
Originally posted by thorsten42 thorsten42 wrote:

Perfect thanks Martyn. If you need further info or screenshots just drop me a line. Back to painting and flying this beauty ;)

Cheers
Thorsten

Can you send the support team a screenshot showing this issue? - "weird shadows on the outside plane fuselage"
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 9:53am
Originally posted by CXA001 CXA001 wrote:

Found an issue with the paint kit in particular FuseA_T.psd:
1. The Misc Weathering layer is blank.
2. The Main Color layer is not the same color as the Main Color in FuseB_T.psd (This is enough to fix).
3. Missing Wear & Tear layer that seems to merged into the Details layer.

Regards,

An updated paint kit which should address those issues is now available  - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
CXA001 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CXA001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Martyn<font style=: rgb255, 255, 255;> Martyn wrote:

An updated paint kit which should address those issues is now available  - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b
Excellent!
Thanks for the very quick response.

Regards,

Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 3:12pm
Flew it last night, very nice indeed.  Not sure if there is a difference between the 748 and the RAF Andover ( a bit longer maybe ? ) but it would be nice to have the Andover in Tan / Brown / white cabin roof livery. Oh and the Queens flight livery would be nice.

Excited to see the VC10 in development, is it being done by the GR1 / Hawk team ?

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:03am
The VC-10 is not being modelled/textured by our in-house development team but there is a possibility that it might be at least partially coded by them. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 12:30pm
Thanks Martyn, any comment on whether there will be a RAF Andover variant of the 748 ?

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 3:54pm
Hi Tim,

I'm not sure if it's been discussed internally but I'll be sure to bring up the subject.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 5:06pm
Thanks Martyn. I'l just leave these here then as re-paint fodder.

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 6:34pm
The Andover was fundamentally a very different aircraft:

1: rear loading ramp, different tail configuration with greater dihedral for load clearance

2: Engines mounted further outboard to cater for larger diameter props - in turn the wingtips had 18 inches shaved off to keep overall wingspan the same. 

3: Dart RDa.12 Mk 201's 3,245 eshp instead of 2,100 eshp of the 748 Srs 2A 

4: Full reverse thrust capability

5: `Kneeling` undercarriage to tilt the floor for easier unloading

6: Overall about 11 feet longer than the Srs 2A

Given that it also had a slightly different cockpit and lever configuration, not sure how viable a request this is? Different fuselage, wings, engines, FDE and cockpit textures really means a completely separate aircraft with some common features, not a derivation.

Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:03pm
I knew about the loading ramp and kneeling undercarriage but didn't know the rest of it, that's interesting, thanks for the info. Now you mention it, I see the rear fuselage dihedral difference. Hence being called the HS 780 then !

Oh well, maybe some keen re-painters can do the 748 in RAF colours like these, and well say no more about it! Wink

So am I correct that the RAF variant here is a 748 ?

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 10:24pm
Yes, `Andover` was the generic name given to the 748/780 in military service.:

Andover C Mk 1 was the 780

Andover CC 2 was basically a 748

XS789 and the others above were Andover CC 2's  - part of a fleet of six communications and VIP variants of the 748 used by the RAF. 

The Indian Air Force were the largest users of the `military` 748 with Hindustan licence manufacturing producing 89 Srs 1 and Srs 2 aircraft, 72 of which were for the Indian military. They did not build any 780 models.

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 10:39pm
Oh and the last of the development of the platform was the BAe ATP first flown in the `80's

Darts replaced by P&W 126's, nose and tail shapes changed, extended fuselage and a slightly revised wing, with modern avionics and interiors. In all 64 were built, but the design was trounced as (was the competing Saab 2000 - 63 built) by the sucess of the Dash 8 and ATR 72 designs, and by the rise of the Regional Jet (CRJ and ERJ) 

Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 5:12pm
.....a veritable goldmine of information

It's not until I saw those pictures that I realised the difference between the 748 and 780.....in fact I didn't know the military version was called a 780, just that there was some kind of difference.

I don't quite know why, but I always thought the ATP kind of just looked 'right'. Mind you, I think the same about the 727, 757 and A300. Oh, and the Hunter. Actually I should stop there (no idea where that ramble came from). The more I think about it, quite a lot of aircraft 'just look right'.
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 5:44pm
As R.J. Mitchell said about the Spitfire "If it looks right, it is right"

snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 10:37pm
Burt Rutan would be the designer to disagree with that.
But I still think the 780 was the best looking of the bunch.
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:01am
Is there any chance of a demo version of the HS748? I would really like to be able to check this aircraft out before I make a purchase decision. Turboprops are fickle beasts in P3D/FSX, so I need to know if I can handle it!
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:42am
I would be interested to know the runway performance of the JustFlight HS748 @ 66% fuel and zero cargo/passengers. Is it able to operate from hard runways of 2000 feet with this configuration, or is that pushing the boat out just a bit too far?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Christopher Low Christopher Low wrote:

Is there any chance of a demo version of the HS748? I would really like to be able to check this aircraft out before I make a purchase decision. Turboprops are fickle beasts in P3D/FSX, so I need to know if I can handle it!

We're currently getting the aircraft updated for P3D v4 and we'll certainly look at producing a demo version after that work is complete.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 4:54pm
I'd like to see an ATP. Still a bunch flying, mainly as freighters. Enigma had a model for FSX but lacked a virtual cockpit.
Kenneth Brattey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic