This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS748 in development

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HS748 in development
    Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 5:35pm
I have just noticed that you guys have a HS748 in development. Are you intending to demonstrate it at Cosford 2016, or is it too early for that yet? Rick Piper's HS748 for FSX had a good quality 3D model and impressive sounds, but that VC was just too basic for me. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with this one!
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:25am
Hi Christopher. Yes, we should be in a position to demo the HS748 at our Cosford show. It should be in the latter stages of development by then Thumbs Up
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Christopher Low View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 8:57am
Excellent news, Martyn. See you there! Smile
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:53pm
Excellent news to have the HS 748 launched!!
Can't wait.
PTPhreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTPhreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 1:29am
Im very happy this lovely plane is in development! How many liveries will be included?
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 6:13pm
Just Flight, Will the RAF Andover variant be included ?
Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 8:22pm
I will try to get some answers on Saturday at RAF Cosford Smile
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:20pm
I have just watched the video of the HS748, and just thought I would mention that the "yellow tipped" prop animation on the DanAir plane in the last shot is only visible in the lower half of the arc. The top half of the arc should be visible in front of the aircraft's fuselage, but it is nowhere to be seen Wink
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christopher Low Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 8:27pm
That prop spin down animation could be better. It slows down and stops way too abruptly from high speed. It needs to be a smooth reduction in rotation speed, right down to full stop.
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 10:04am
Hi
Totally agree with prop speed at shut down but the same applies at start up. It is far to rapidly almost like a piston engine.
A turbine engine spools up/down very slowly when starting and shutting down.
Regards
Sundowner 
edpatino View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edpatino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 1:12am
Hi, the HS748 is no more in development, since it was released on Nov 24 2016.
I bought the product and installed it, and now I'm looking for the paintkit. Where is the paintkit and from where I can download it?.
Thanks, Ed
taildraggin68 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taildraggin68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 1:39am
There are a few things needing addressed in this release, can we please get a proper forum section or at least a product identifier for the tech support section.  I mean the product doesn't even show when trying to go through product support.  Kind of hard to direct it in the right department with no path for tech help.

Scott
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 8:02am
Hi Scott,

The support page will be available within the next couple of hours.

We'll add a forum section but please note that this isn't a support forum so any issues need reporting via the support page.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 8:39am
The support page is now available - http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 11:14am
HS 748
The product is launched, but the propeller speed at start up and shut down is totally incorrect. A turbine engine spools up very slowly on start up and shut down as apposed to a piston engine.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 11:23am
Hi Sundowner. Have you purchased the product or are you basing that on the last in-development video? The prop animation speed was adjusted before release after feedback on our earlier video. If you are using the product and consider the animation to still be too quick then we will look at it again. Unfortunately the FS turboprop system is very flawed so custom-code is required.

A new video will be available soon.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
sundowner View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sundowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 12:11pm
Hi Martyn
No I haven't purchased it yet.
I looked at the video today of the "launched" product to verify if the prop speed had been changed since previous comments w r t to the props two weeks ago. It looks the same.
I will purchase this aircraft as it is a legend in it's own right.
Regards
Sundowner
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by sundowner sundowner wrote:

Hi Martyn
No I haven't purchased it yet.
I looked at the video today of the "launched" product to verify if the prop speed had been changed since previous comments w r t to the props two weeks ago. It looks the same.
I will purchase this aircraft as it is a legend in it's own right.
Regards
Sundowner

The videos on the product page are still In Dev vidoes though.

We hope to have a new video up quite soon.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 7:02pm
I'm curious. Why do the shots of static 748's all show the props in feather? And why do you listen to Sundowner without question? The Dart is a single shaft turbine with a direct coupling to a reduction gearbox that reduced the massive rotational speed of the lit-off turbine section to credible revolutions for a propeller - and thus a permanent link. when the turbine turns, so does the prop. 

QED

However there is an issue with the simulation: The Dart would require the engines to be shut down and started in Ground Fine. Which is precisely why there is a complex series of button presses to feather a prop in flight. Every picture and the videos show it being started in feather - simply not possible!

Now to address the two issues together.
Precisely because the prop is permanently linked it WILL spool up quickly. 
In order to avoid over-torquing the single shaft as the compressor accelerates, it is necessary and vital that the prop remain in Ground Fine until the engine had reached a substantial proportion of its operating regime...
"
Now you also know why the prop speed had no direct control in the cockpit - it actually only worked over a very narrow rpm range and it took its rpm cues from the geared physical relationship with the turbine RPM which was indicated as a gauge in the cockpit. 

I would suggest some more research on this before committing to a bogus patch.

And all on the development team should have the following tattooed on their foreheads:
"A Dart Is NOT a PT6"

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2016 at 7:08pm
https://youtu.be/FgwJWLzfQmM?t=32

A matter of a couple of seconds from prop beginning rotation to being up to speed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic