This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A poor start (by me)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzicato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A poor start (by me)
    Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 5:10am
Hi guys,

I've just spent the last hour trying out the Airbus: Long Haul tutorial flight...

...and haven't yet managed to make it away from the gate. Embarrassed

It appears that either something critical is missing from the tutorial or I'm missing something critical. Smile

Basically, I'm finding it impossible to get the radios to work and the engines to start. Critical failures, I'm sure you'll agree.

In order to start cold and dark, I'm loading the default flight with the Cessna 172 at SeaTac. From there, I'm shutting off the mixture, turning off the avionics, turning of the batteries and turning off the ignition before loading the Air Canada A330-300.

I then follow all of the instructions in the tutorial - seemingly to the letter - until I get to page 64 and the instruction to contact ATC for clearance. When I try this, the radio stack looks right but there's no response from ATC.

Equally, when I turn on the Beacon, there's no obvious visible external light which suggests that I have no electrical power.

I then set the Engine Ignition Switch to Start, flip the Cut-Offs to "On" and hit the starter, but nothing happens aside from the "On" light coming on for about a second on the starter switch.

I've been through the whole process three times and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Confused

If it helps, there are currently four Orange warnings on the ECAM:

- HYD FAIL 1
 - HYD FAIL 2
 - ELECT FAIL 1
 - ELECT FAIL 2

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 3:36pm
Hi Pizzicao,

What power are you running off when you get the aircraft powered up?

It sounds like you are doing the right thing by loading the default flight and powering the C182 down, and then enter the Airbus. A few things that spring to mind (at the moment) 

Batteries on?
APU Started and ON (APU Bleed)?
External power?

I dont have the exact same Airbus model as this (am using the PSS A330/A340 version but I presume they are similar. When you de-power the C182 try leaving the avionics on and just switch the engines and batteries off and then turning these on in the bus.

Just a few thoughts.
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Pizzicato View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzicato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 7:39pm
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response.

I don't think the F-Lite A330 supports the concept of external power, so that's out (at least I think so). Given that the aircraft is simulated to a moderate level of complexity, the options are obviously more limited than those provided by the PSS aircraft.

The exact flow for the F-Lite A330 appears to be as follows:

- Batteries - ON
 - Avionics BUS - ON
 - APU Master Switch - ON
 - APU Start - ON
 - APU Bleed - ON
 - APU Gen - ON
 - APU Bat - ON

- Parking Brakes - SET
 - Thrust Levers - IDLE
 - Beacon - ON
Note: The beacon doesn't work, suggesting that there's no electrical power.

- Engine Ignition Switch - START
 - Engine 2 Cut-off Valve- OPEN
 - Overhead Engine 2 Starter - ON
Note: nothing happens. The Starter light comes on for a moment, goes off and then... nothing.

I'll try your suggestion about leaving the Cessna's avionics on and report back, but I'm not hopeful.

Thanks again for your suggestions, though.

Pizzicato View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzicato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Pizzicato Pizzicato wrote:

I'll try your suggestion about leaving the Cessna's avionics on and report back, but I'm not hopeful.

Turns out you were right. I left the avionics and batteries on but shut the fuel and the magnetos off and it worked. Thanks for the advice. Smile

On the downside, FS2004 decided to crash an hour and a half into the tutorial as I switched back from the Spot view to the VC view. Gah! Angry  Smile

nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 11:13pm

Yeap. Have seen this a few times and it kind of makes sense for aircraft such as you say in the F-Lite version, as it is not as complex as other simulations, so where as some things are modelled on some aircraft some are not on others - causing problems like that.

Glad you got it working and sorry to hear about your crash!
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Pizzicato View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzicato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 12:23am
Originally posted by nickb84 nickb84 wrote:

Glad you got it working and sorry to hear about your crash!

No problem. I just used it to successfully fly the first Radar Contact tutorial from DesMoines to Chicago O'Hare. Very enjoyable indeed. Smile

Spawntscuk View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawntscuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 6:22pm
My suggestion would be to start a flight with the default cessna but leave the batteries on m8.
Aion Online Main Roguesquadron Alts Grace & Gijoe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic