This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with the Hawk T1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with the Hawk T1
    Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 2:45pm

Hi Just Flight
I was very happy to buy and download the new Hawk T1 Trainer from Just Flight, but the smile quickly disappeared, when it showed to nearly impossible to start and even more difficult to get in the air, because to this day, I have not been able to get it to work with the ailerons and it´s so sensitive on the elevators that it very quicly(and often) stalls and falls to the end of the runway.
As I can read in here, I am not the only one with problems, so my advice to Just Flight is to come with a servicepack to update the Hawk to a reasonable flying aircraft.
I just ask myself, have Just Flight not tested the product before it was put out on the market ??
If the problems will get solved, I am convinced that it will be a wunderfull aircraft to fly and I am looking forward to that!!
so Just Flight hurry up with a service pack, I have paied for something that don´t work right now.
regards from a frustrated Danish flightsimmer
Snoopy1951
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:39pm
Hey - stay with it. I felt the same at first - but since I reduced my T16000 settings to about 30% I have had much better control. It's a lively bird....

The ailerons need a 'realistic' setting in P3d of 50% or greater - thanks to HotelZulu for that tip.

I'm looking forward to the crew ironing the bugs out - this Hawk is worth it.

..and thanks guys for this separate forum for the Hawk ! Easier to read.

Regards
Bill
BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:23am
snoopy, install the new airfile which there is a link to on this forum, big improvement.
paul
snoopy1951 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:46pm
Hi PaulR
Thanks for the tip, I will try that, but it still don´t move the problem, that Just Flight release a aircraft, which the buyers have to improve so it can fly !!
Still looking forward to Just Flight will release a servicepack, so we can get rid off all these "childhood diseases".

snoopy1951
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by PaulR PaulR wrote:

snoopy, install the new airfile which there is a link to on this forum, big improvement.
That new file only made things worse for me. Takeoff rotation is better but you still can't go anywhere near a stall, that's still a problem. In my case (FSX-SE) it reduced engine idle to about 35%. I don't think it addresses aileron issues the OP mentions (mine are fine, so I think it must be user control interface problems, not the air file).

I've got used to being careful on takeoff so I'm sticking with the original air file until the SP comes out.

Kevin
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:15pm
Is the new FDE from Just Flight available yet?.
paul
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:45pm
It's not yet, but a patch/service pack is being worked on which is due to include both an updated FDE and other fixes/tweaks based on customer feedback since the release.
226OCU View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 226OCU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 12:13pm
I'd actually like to give the developers at JF a round of applause for creating an aircraft which is a challenge to fly correctly. Whilst admitting it is not perfect, I too would have had problems in starting it, and flying it...until I thoroughly read the manual.

Don't forget, pupils of the real aircraft spend weeks in ground school, learning about engines and systems before they're allowed near the aircraft. The dilemma for the developers is to try to please both novice and those looking for a realistic challenge.

Thankfully, Just Flight has recognised that for 25 quid, people want more than a "get in, press the starter button and take off" kind of deal. You simply couldn't wander up to RAF Valley, get in and go! The REAL satisfaction comes from finding out the idiosyncrasies of the aircraft and working with them.

Simmers are at a disadvantage as they don't have a QFI to mentor them, but that makes the challenge, when accepted and overcome, all the more rewarding. If at first you don't succeed, keep trying.

For the record, I spent about an hour with manual before even attempting the first flight, but did manage to complete a (very dicey) circuit first time up. It CAN be done, but not easily. But the real thing isn't easy, either, first time.

PER ARDUA AD ASTRA      
Rick
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 12:56pm
The problem with engine starting is not the complexity of the procedure it's that for some people following the procedure exactly did not work. I don't think anyone wants a simplified Hawk. There is freeware available for that.
Being difficult to fly is one thing. Defying the laws of aerodynamics at high AoA is quite another. I haven't flown a real Hawk but I've flown military training sims of other aircraft and they are not difficult to fly. The difficulty comes in flying them fast while navigating and or using weapons. If basic handling wasn't straightforward, such things would not be possible.

So let's not get too carried away by the idea that it's meant to be this hard to fly.

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic