This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speed brake Hawk T1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speed brake Hawk T1
    Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 8:35pm
Hi Everyone,

Well I have managed to get this bird flying with some practice. What I found tonight was I can not get the speed break to deploy, I click the switch and it moves a fraction and closes again. I can see the gauge flicker on the display but it will not drop down. The only way to get it down is to use the speed brake test switch. I tried using a keypress and that was no better, and assigning a joystick key did nothing to improve things.

Also I did a little flight around EGKK, and landed fine, but as I was taxing down the runway to exit and on the taxi way the plane kept jumping, as if it had just touched down. this repeated and repeated until I cam to a full stop.

The EGKK scenery was the UK2000 one and all other aircraft are fine there, I am running latest P3D, but is anyone else getting these issues?

Rob
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 9:16pm
What bird is that??

--WH
helix1250 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 9:18pm
Opps sorry I was referring to the new Hawk T1, my bad for forgetting that basic information
fat-al View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat-al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 3:09pm
Mine only doesn't deploy when the gear is down.
I thought it was an intentional feature but I could be wrong.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Intel i7-6700k 4.0GHz
Corsair H110I GTX.
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.
Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 2133MHz.
Nvidia Geforce GTX980TI 6GB
2x SAMSUNG 2.5" 500GB.
1x WD BLACK 1TB.
BillC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by fat-al fat-al wrote:

Mine only doesn't deploy when the gear is down.
I thought it was an intentional feature but I could be wrong.

I've had no problems with the speedbrake - although I seem to need it a little more often with my landings in this Hawk....as I said above, I have problems lately with ANY learning curve ....LOL

I understand from p36 of the Operations Manual that the airbrake will not deploy if the gear is down.

I suppose that makes sense, since the gear would probably be more effective anyway - as long as your airpeed is low enough of course for the gear to be deployed.

Regards
Bill

BillC
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW
helix1250 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:49pm
Yep you guys are right, air/speed brake will not deploy with gear down. I always use air brakes/ spoilers on roll out, guess I'll be using the normal brakes more in this case :)

Rob
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:08pm
The Hawk's speedbrake is below the rear fuselage and could hit the ground if deployed on landing. So it's wired to retract when the gear is down. Hawker used the same logic on the Hunter.

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic