This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk gunsight collimation in P3D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk gunsight collimation in P3D
    Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:53pm
First post here. Let me start by saying that I like this plane. Can't judge the FDE as I've never flown one. Yes it's sensitive and needs correct trimming but maybe the real one is like that. I wouldn't know as I only fly Cessnas and Pipers on weekends. Jets are different beasts and need respect. By not letting speed drop below 150knots I was able to gently take off, have lots of fun in the mach loop and land it nicely.

My only issue so far is that the sight is not properly collimated in P3D and shows on the canopy, outside its glass. I know that collimation is done differently in P3D than FSX so devs please look into it for the next SP.

Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 5:08pm
Has anyone seen or can confirm this? Any chance of correcting it in a patch?
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 9:28am
Dimus, if the real one flew like this one they would all be buried in the ground with pilots on the end of a parachute, I cant wait for the SP1 to be released, then I can enjoy flying it.

paul
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:24am
As I said, I wouldn't know as I never flew one. It is demanding indeed, but many jets are like that. If the actual one is indeed easier and the devs correct it, it would be very welcome.

My question was mainly on the sight collimation in P3D. Any reply on that?
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 8:24pm
First, thanks for the patch. FDE seems easier but still has its quirks with trim that keeps it interesting. As said again, can't really judge it.

Unfortunately the gunsight collimation issue in P3D is still there. This makes it impossible to have the pipper on as it floats all over the place, outside the glass surface.
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 8:46pm
No reply so far on this issue? To my knowledge others also have the same problem.
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 4:20pm
I am disappointed that noone from JF has commented on this for six weeks. At least an acknowledgment of the issue would be appreciated.

Edit: I just realized this is the public forum and no response is expected here from JF. Apologies for the above, I'll go to Tech support.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:00am
Hi Dimus. I'm not directly involved in the Hawk project but I can see that this issue has been reported and is being looked into.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Dimus. I'm not directly involved in the Hawk project but I can see that this issue has been reported and is being looked into.

Thanks Martyn, it would be great if we could get some feedback as to whether it is intended this will be fixed for P3D users please or not, rather than 'looked into' which is rather non-committal!?  The hawk is now a wonderful aircraft to fly and this is the last biggie I can see preventing its full enjoyment (not that it cant be flown and enjoyed without the HUD obviously :p

Cheers K
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 11:13am
Hi,
It is being looked into, but at the moment we haven't been able to solve it (after spending a lot of time on it already). I consider it a bug in P3D as it should work like FSX, which it doesn't. and the suggested work-arounds have been unsuccessful so far. 
However, it's current affecting a couple of other projects that are currently in the works, so we haven't given up on it. As soon as we figure it out we'll fix it in the Hawk!
In the meantime I was considering removing the collimation in P3D and drawing the reticle directly onto the glass as a stop gap. Not sure if that is any better or not though. 

Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 5:48pm
A lot of developers produce working collimated sights in P3D. Maybe this could help (if not seen already):

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 10:00am
I've seen the post on fsdeveloper, seems to be some good advice dispensed there ;)  Hope you guys can work with it... g'luck :) Cheers K
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,
It is being looked into, but at the moment we haven't been able to solve it (after spending a lot of time on it already). I consider it a bug in P3D as it should work like FSX, which it doesn't. and the suggested work-arounds have been unsuccessful so far. 
However, it's current affecting a couple of other projects that are currently in the works, so we haven't given up on it. As soon as we figure it out we'll fix it in the Hawk!
In the meantime I was considering removing the collimation in P3D and drawing the reticle directly onto the glass as a stop gap. Not sure if that is any better or not though. 

Nice work :) glad it appears youve fixed the glitch - look forward to an update shortly? :)
Cheers K
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:52am
Latest version still has the issue in P3D.
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm
That's because the fixed version hasn't been released yet. It should be with the testers in the next few days.

Paul.
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 8:59pm
Great! Good to know. Thanks!
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 7:58pm
Very disappointed that the fix is not included in the SP2 after all this time...Confused
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Dimus Dimus wrote:

Very disappointed that the fix is not included in the SP2 after all this time...Confused
ditto, unless it was just missed out on the release notes? (haven't had chance to fly it yet to find out)
Dimus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by kevinfirth kevinfirth wrote:

Originally posted by Dimus Dimus wrote:

ditto, unless it was just missed out on the release notes? (haven't had chance to fly it yet to find out)

That's what I hoped when I read the notes as the issue was considered resolved but after testing I realized the issue is still there.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 11:06am
Hi chaps,

Sorry about the gunsight collimation issue still being there.
Very unusual one - we had it fixed previously. However, despite using what we are sure is the same set of files and fixes, it's currently reverted back to its previous state. 
As soon as we have it figured out we will post up a fix. 

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic